BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Indicators Not Working Empty Indicators Not Working Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm

mbelik

Hi I have been fixing up a 1985 K100 for the past few months. Mostly its back together and it runs great, the only problem I have is with the indicators. We rewired and put new little ones on and they work when the Hazards are on but when you put the left or right indicator on they dont flash and the relay juzt buzzes. I have changed the relay twice with no joy. I have checked the control cables and it all seems fine. I think it might have something to do with the controls as the Hazards work.

Please let me know if you can help as this is basically the last thing before its raodworthy.

Cheers
Mirek

Indicators Not Working A8a16310

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Insert picture in stead of link)

2Back to top Go down   Indicators Not Working Empty Re: Indicators Not Working Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
You put on LEDS or mini lights with smaller bulbs? Either way the load on the flasher is significantly reduced so it flashes WAY faster, to the point where the signals look solid. Two solutions, one, replace the thermo style flasher with a generic solid state one or put additional load in the circuit by way of a resistor near the bulb, prolly around 5 - 7 ohms, you'd have to experiment.

3Back to top Go down   Indicators Not Working Empty Re: Indicators Not Working Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:59 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I suspect club_c has nailed it as long as it worked OK previously to changing the bulbs over to LED's.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Indicators Not Working Empty Re: Indicators Not Working Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:14 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Have a look here for info on using LED's.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum