BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Valve, Seat & Guide Material - K100 Empty Valve, Seat & Guide Material - K100 Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:46 am

dac104y

dac104y
Can anyone tell me the materials that the valves, guides and valve seats are made from on the K100 series of bikes.  I would assume there would be some commonality between all the 2V models and maybe a change on the later 4V RS machines.

Kind Regards

George

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
No idea George - I believe some high temperature steels use nickel as an alloying agent (gas turbine blades etc) and I've heard some exhaust valves use a material referred to as stellite (sp?)

dac104y

dac104y
rawdonball wrote:No idea George - I believe some high temperature steels use nickel as an alloying agent (gas turbine blades etc) and I've heard some exhaust valves use a material referred to as stellite (sp?)

Yes correct on both counts stellite is used in all manner of engine parts.  I was thinking about some of the turbo conversions that have been used and the well built nature of the engines and what the limitations were.  Some of the figures obtained through the kits I have read about are mighty impressive if using standard valve train

Cool

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum