BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K 100 RT Empty 1986 BMW K 100 RT Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:02 pm

smo212

I need some help from someone who knows about the 1986 k100 rt. I recently purchased one and I am putting it back together. I took off the air filter box and found a rubber hose with a grey plastic fitting lying uner the box. Someone had taken an old rubber hose attached it to the grey fitting and put a screw in the end of it. I can only assume this is a vaccum line of some sort. I have called the dealership in the area and they are willing to tell me what it does and where it should be connected for the shop rate they charge.

The hose comes out of the center, top of the engine block at the front of the motor. When I purchased the bike the previous owner had repaired some fire damage that the original owner had caused. The fire was limited to the top of the engine and all of the plastic and wiring have been replaced. The bike would not idle when I bought it. You could get it started and keep it running if you used the throttle to keep the revs up. Can anyone tell me what this hose does and where it needs to be connected?

2Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K 100 RT Empty Re: 1986 BMW K 100 RT Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,
If it has to do with vacuum then it is probably connected to the fuel pressure regulator. The regulator is a round object about 5cm in diameter bolted to the throttle bodies and is only accessible by removing the air box where the filter is.

The other end should connect to the throttle body number 4, the rear one.
Having said this, you will not miss it if it is not connected. Its main function is to regulate the fuel pressure (a few psi) depending on the load.

As yours is a 86 model I don't think that any other vacuum devices are present.

3Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K 100 RT Empty Re: 1986 BMW K 100 RT Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
is there no way you could take a picture?

I have stripped mine down around the same area so will be able to tell you more.

Also if its attached to the engine casing it is a sump breather and it attaches to the throttle bodies, if you look at the throttle bodies you will see where it attaches to.

4Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K 100 RT Empty Re: 1986 BMW K 100 RT Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:12 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
If it is the breather it attaches to the rear of the airbox above the throttle bodies, but that's on the aft end of the engine. A picture please?

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland 1986 BMW K 100 RT Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum