BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 01:30

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
hi all just did a 330km trip and i tells ya i got 1 sore back,, i dont know if this is the best plase to post this but dose and know how to change my riding position, i am slightly lent forward, and after a few km kills my back, would be great if i could be able to sit more upright, or more of an angle, i still need a dual seat and the mises loves the back of the beemer, buut if i cant change the way i sit on the bike i'm afarid it gotta go and i have to bu a cruiser, but hearing all about the longlivity of the motors and its been a reilable bike for the last couple of years i dont really wanna get rid of it,,,,
any ideas would be much appresheated ,

2Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 02:08

robinm

robinm
Silver member
Silver member
I know what you are saying, back in Feb of this year I did a 3 day trip, day 1 425kms, day 2 275kms and day 3 800kms. I was in severe pain by the time I got home. I hjink slightly higher bars would help, possibly naked K100 bars. I have a set here and looked at fitting on my RS, but do do it I would have had to fit a longer brake hose and find a naked K100 handlebar cover , as the RS one will not fit the naked bars. So it went on the "one day I'll do it list"

3Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 08:41

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
couldnt you fit the RT or LT handlebars and the position would be better?

4Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 14:58

ssray

I fitted `c` ot std bars from a naked k100, much better on my back and fitted with orig cables and breaklines, I cut down the handlebar cover.
Ray

5Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Riding position Sun 27 Jun 2010, 16:00

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Alex, before you think about changing over to a cruiser, try one out on a decent trip. I have back problems so had to give up leaning forward bikes, hoping my RT wil be better. Meantime I'm riding a friends Kawasaki 850 cruiser thinggo. I find that because my feet are out in front I cannot get leverage to lift my weight up when its bumpy and my spine cops it.
Just a thought mate.

6Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 16:06

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
cheers rt i am thinking hart about a cruiser am looking at a , suzuki boulivard and a 96 electraglide, when i was 18 i tryed to pick up a complete v8 and tore all the muscles in my lower back and since had problems, the bumps arnt bothering me but holding that forward sligly position is killing my back. thanks for your advice my old boy has a xv1100 cruiser i might take it for a run, ii just think if i can get the starin off my muscles it would be all good

7Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 27 Jun 2010, 22:06

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
putting these lt rt handle bars on my rs, raises the bar height but will i be able to sit more upright, im only 171cm tall, the k100 is really to tall a bike for me,.

8Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Mon 28 Jun 2010, 01:03

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex,
Have you tried the low saddle which was an option for many K's
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Mon 28 Jun 2010, 01:54

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
thanks k-bike.. no i havent, just the seat that was on it when i bought her, the only things ive done is diff barings and front disc's and some maitence

10Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Mon 28 Jun 2010, 03:09

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex there is another thread on here about fitting "bar backs" to a K75 so that might be an option and I suspect the industry you are in you might be able to get something fabricated fairly cheaply at least to try.
Height is definitely an issue with the K-bikes and a lower shock as well as seat might also be an option.
Can't comment on the cruiser option but my nephew has mentioned that he has tried a few and they are murder on the lower back. I would not be surprised it has something to do with the angle of the rear shocks pointing straight up your spine.
If you can get a more upright position I believe that is the best option and the cruiser is more of a "slouch". Still there are plenty of bikes and accessories out there so there has to be one that fits. Very Happy

11Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 04 Jul 2010, 08:43

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Alex
My bikes an RS and I hated the std bars
too low and too damn narrow for my liking
I robbed the fairing and bars from an 85 RT I had and
me likey lots !

12Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 11 Jul 2010, 03:35

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
took a xvs1100 for a ride on sundee arvo it was good no back pain. but the misses didnt like the running boards and the seat...
the handle bar raisers, are they gonna move the bars back toward me any, ?? or the lt/rt bars

13Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Sun 11 Jul 2010, 19:35

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex, there is another thread running discussing a similar issue and Bert has posted a picture which shows they go up and back.

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/general-discussion-f12/handlebar-risers-t1264.htm

The RT bars will do the same and on the same thread there are some measurements comparing my RT bars with a K75S ?
I suspect the RS bars may be similar to the K75 but as you will see the RT offers a massive difference.

Or there is always the new Thunderbird Very Happy

14Back to top Go down   riding position ? Empty Re: riding position ? Tue 13 Jul 2010, 05:26

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
thanks i had a look at the bar backs , not sure if 1 1/4 inch back is gonna be enough, i think the bars have gotta come back at least about 4 inches to straigten me up, i'll have a look at the new t-bird but i recon it might be to much for me ...
atleats now i know what a barback is and what it looks like ect

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum