BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Bleeding Brakes Empty Bleeding Brakes Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:30 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I'm keen to again flush the brake fluid in both front and rear systems with new brake fluid. Last time (1 year ago) I had it done by the local BMW dealer. Cost a fair bit. The bike has ABS, and the handbook says to get the dealer to do it. Has anybody out there had any experience with this? Thanx.

2Back to top Go down   Bleeding Brakes Empty Re: Bleeding Brakes Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:27 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool
I have just completly overhauled my k100Lt brakes [ABS type] including fitting braided hoses, To bleed the brakes I used a Air operated bleed resorvoir which did the job without any fuss I followed the Haynes manual by bleeding the ABS resorvoir first and then the caliper, it worked for me.

BIG D

3Back to top Go down   Bleeding Brakes Empty Re: Bleeding Brakes Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:10 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rick,
Seriously I strongly recommend you bleed the brakes yourself it is straightforward and easily done if you follow the advice in the Haynes manual, if there is anything you don't understand come back to me/us and we can help. Use top quality brake fluid and go for it the job is easy, just make sure you have a small ring spanner of the correct size, some bleed hose to fit on the bleed nipple and some fluid, flushing the brakes every year will guarantee no rust will ever happen in your bike due to aged brake fluid.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Bleeding Brakes Empty Re: Bleeding Brakes Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:15 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
K-B, Thanx for the encouragement!! I'd feel quite confident with non-ABS brakes, but the ABS has got me a bit fazed, ie, with regard to the long distance between the front fluid reservoir and the modulator at the rear and then back to the dual calipers at the front wheel.

I will consult the Haynes (haven't looked at it for some time) and re-assess. You might be lumbered with some inane questions as self doubt and mental paralysis sets in!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum