BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty temerature sensor problem Wed 01 Sep 2010, 13:02

emilios

Hi
I own a K100RS 1988 and i order from motoworks a coolant temperature gauge sensor..
The problem is that the sensor they send it doesnt fit..i removed the old one and the hole diameter is big for my new sensor.
I someone had the same problem?
Thanks

2Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Wed 01 Sep 2010, 14:18

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Which sensor did you order? Without pictures or more info its difficult to respond. You might have received a sensor for the temperature gauge instead of one for the ECU. What did you order?

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland temerature sensor problem Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

3Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Thu 02 Sep 2010, 03:00

emilios

I want to put a temperature gauge on my bike so i order from motorworks a new sensor and temperature gauge...
I took off the old one sensor that my bike has but the new sensor dont fit there..the hole is bigger
Where do you put the sensor for the temperature gauge???

4Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Thu 02 Sep 2010, 09:40

emilios

Ok
Problem solved..
I call to the supplier company(motorworks) and they told me that the sensor for the temperature gauge must fit where the drain plug is on the oil/water pump.

5Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Mon 06 Sep 2010, 05:57

emilios

Ok so i have the temperature gauge sensor and the gauge..all original...
But where to their wires plugged???
Please advice.
Thanks

6Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Mon 06 Sep 2010, 08:05

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
emilios wrote:Ok so i have the temperature gauge sensor and the gauge..all original...
But where to their wires plugged???
Please advice.
Thanks
There is a connector under the tank for attaching the gas and water temp gauges. It is a combined plug that offers wires for fuel transducer, water temperature, power and ground.
temerature sensor problem 12

This connector is usually extended to the front of the fairing using an
extension cable that splits the connections appropriately --
61121459488 "WIRING ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENTS (from 04/85)" -- Part 8 in the diagram above. The water
temperature plug's (part 7 above) signal is fed to the wiring harness using an extension
cable -- 61121459511 WIRING ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENTS (from 04/85) -- Part 9 above.

Below is a photo of the under-tank combined connector:
temerature sensor problem 010anno

This is a photo of the extension cable - gauge ends:
temerature sensor problem 012anno

Good luck.

7Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Mon 06 Sep 2010, 11:10

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
In the download section you can find this document. This is in German but the graphics will help

8Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Mon 06 Sep 2010, 14:09

emilios

Ok
So on the picture i have 4(temperature gauge), 9 and 7 but i dont have 8..
Now what can i do??
I also found the connector under the tank for the gauges..but i didnt find the connector for number 9.
Can i fit the temperature gauge without number 8?? just to connect the wires with the correct color??
Thanks

9Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Mon 06 Sep 2010, 15:57

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Normally the temperature gauge is privided with its signal from the sensor with a separate wire which is then connected with the additional wire loom for the gauges, with the other part of that loom connected to the connector under the tank.
I have a temp gauge fitted with a wire I fitted myself, from the sensor to the gauge, whilst taking the power, ground and light from the "under-tank-connector". Hope that helps.

Rene

10Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Tue 07 Sep 2010, 07:33

emilios

Ok so thats the foto of the additional wire loom for gauges..i hope..
and a foto of my gauge.
Now im not planning to put a fuel level gauge so i will cut the wires and connect straight to the gauge??
But i still didnt understant where to fit the wire that coming from the sensor.???
Also there are 2 green wires on the loom to the same hole.???
[img][/img]

11Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Tue 07 Sep 2010, 07:48

emilios

[img]url=https://servimg.com/view/15150802/14]temerature sensor problem Sdc10412[/url][/img]

12Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Tue 07 Sep 2010, 07:48

emilios

[img]temerature sensor problem Sdc10413[/img]

13Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Tue 07 Sep 2010, 15:37

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Emilios
On the 4 way plug under the tank.

The brown is ground
------
green/black is supply to gauges
grey/blue is supply to lights on gauges to bring them on with lights
--------
the yellow is the wire to the fuel tank sender

the coolant sender goes straight to the gauge

If thats your temperature gauge in the picture, I'd say the yellow is the one to connect
to the temp sender.

14Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Wed 08 Sep 2010, 12:45

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Fully agreed!

Rene

15Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Sun 12 Sep 2010, 05:51

emilios

Thanks

16Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Thu 16 Sep 2010, 14:26

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I started to clean my computer and I found this schematic buried among another 1000 files. Don't ask me where it come from and for how long I had it.
Yes I am a pack rat when it's about the K bike.

temerature sensor problem Gauges10

17Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Thu 16 Sep 2010, 17:14

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Crazy Frog, where did this come from and how long have you had this?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

18Back to top Go down   temerature sensor problem Empty Re: temerature sensor problem Sat 18 Sep 2010, 07:25

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
It looks like the schedule for the special bridge part in way of the screen, that holds the two gauges and the cigarette lighter plug.

Rene

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum