BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bsaporito

Just got a 1987 K bike as a gift (lucky me eh?) and have a question with respect to the fairing. I'm 6'2" and am starting to get frustrated with jamming my knees into the fairing.

Can anyone provide any advice as to how to modifiy to a naked bike? If so, will this solve the heat problem that is created from the fairing pushing the heat into my lower legs?

I'd like a bit of help on this issue, and if conversion is possible, a little guidance as to the parts required and sourcing to make the change.

Thanks.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I don't think you would have any problems to trade the parts from the K100rt to a K100 nacked.
You may want to post on : the IBMWR site

bsaporito

Thanks for the info - do you know if I'm going to run into the same 'knees in the fairing issue' if I go for an RS conversion? Does it get me anything or would I be in the same position (knee issue) just converted to the RS bars (I wouldn't mind the 3/4 cafe rider posture).

With respect to the heat issues - should I be concerned about the fuel line return overheating issue that I've read about.

Your expertise is greatly appreciated...

Thanks

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
I hope this link works. Although in Dutch I think you will appreciate some of the pictures of the 'naked' bikes, specially the one from Toon Notten. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

http://www.bmwr.nl/phpBB3_bmwk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3845&view=unread#unread

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
why don't you try removing the knee pad part. you may get heat escaping but at least your knees will have space.

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Everyone!!

With winter approaching, I'm getting the itch to start bending wrenches again! After riding with the bike as an RT, and no luck finding an RS fairing, I think I'm resolved in converting her into a naked K100. Problem is, the web sites I've gone to don't really have any information (beemer boneyard etc) about the naked headlight parts I'd need. Has anyone done this conversion? If so, can I get some feedback on how easy/difficult it was? I'm resigned to doing a repaint on the parts for a fresh look, since there is light cosmetic damage with fade and scratches to the finish. (plus I'm not sure about the colour!) I'd love to be pointed in the right direction, or am always ready to listen to advice!! thanks in advance!! happy riding!! B

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, I am 6'2" as well, and I bought a sargent seat ,and the space is no longer an issue. I might be interested in the fairing. if your selling it.
Thanks
Brian

K Put

K Put
Hi I've carried out this conversion using the radiator surround and headlamp nacelle (including rear mounting panel) from an 84 unfaired model, the job was an absolute breeze.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum