BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fitting progressive springs Empty Fitting progressive springs Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hi team, need your help. I have fitted new WP progressive springs, but am wondering if I did it right Embarassed

The instruction seems applicable to completely disassembled fork legs, whilst I did mine on the bike.

I lifted the front up and took the old springs out with the spacer bush and fitted the new springs. I then filled up the fork until the free space was in accordance with the instructions (170 mm), but upon completion of re-assembly the fork feels like concrete pillars. I'm now wondering if I should have filled and measured the free space whilst the bike was standing on the front legs (ie not lifted and the fork in as low a position as possible).

Anyway; anybody done this before and how did you measure??

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Fitting progressive springs Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

2Back to top Go down   Fitting progressive springs Empty Re: Fitting progressive springs Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
You may have answer your own question.
I always fill my fork measuring the quantity of oil and didn't know about this 170mm.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum