BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Dec. 2010 update Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Helmut118

All

121,000 Kilometers on clock.

Survived another year playing in traffic with blue haired ladies and cranky old F*%ts.
Old sweety went into the garage as the roads are now frozen in places and I hate surprises.
This years work included a drive spline/drive shaft job by Brunos.
Made the ride even smoother and boosted the poop at the rear wheel a few (imagined?) horses.
New rubber all round and she was road ready.
New high O/P alternator to drive two long range pencil beam (Moose Hunter) spot lights and the 100Watt headlight bulb/relay upgrade was the frosting on the lighting mod.
A neat digital voltmeter available from Princess Auto found a home in fairing to monitor battery abuse.
This winter is valve lash/timing chain time.
Hope to see more of N.America in 2011

Good health in the new year all.

1991 BMW K100 LT

Helmut Samland CET
Halifax. Nova Scotia
CANADA

2Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Gigital volt meter Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Interesting, I've been thinking about installing some digital instruments, but was looking for a combination set-up (milti function display) similar to that used by Karters in the steering wheel for example. Does anyone have any info, contacts where to buy or pics of installations ? Ideally it would be good to piggy-back a set-up above the speedo/tacho pod.

3Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 am

Dakota do them, link here:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=60/home_id=60/mode=cat/cat60.htm

As do these people near Vancouver, Washington state USA:
http://trailtech.net/computers.html
This stuff is very high quality and quite versatile.

4Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
We are close to the 'holidays season" and I want to join Helmut118 to wish everybody all the best for Christmas and the year 2011.
This forum made another year with great help to riders trying to solve problems as well as nice reports on trips and renovation. Again, a huge thumb's up to all the major posters. Even if they are too many to be named, Santa will reward them for the time that they invested trying to help a perfect stranger living 1,000s of miles away, or having us dreaming when posting their journey to the remote areas of a country to be discovered.
For all the 'older folks' on this forum, here is my Christmas wishes (apart from nice weather and a safe and happy 2011 riding season)....

5Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Some cannot view this video Bert. All we get is this.

"This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
Ajays

AJAYS

6Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Sorry, but this is posted on Youtube and didn't know that some countries are filtering Youtube content.

7Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Geez, you'd think it was China, Iran, or some other such domain where an open forum is, well, not so open, fer crying out loud! I often can't open particular clips on You Tube down under. Rjays (edit: Sorry, Ajays! Embarassed ) is correct in that a notice of 'licencing' comes up. Dunno why, it's just a video afterall. I won't let it taint my Firm Belief in The Good of The State, I'm a good citizen, I promise! scratch

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Do I read your message between the lines? Razz
Are we taking about the freedom of expression or censure on the Internet?

I am sure that everybody is following the Wikileaks saga and I was debating if we should touch this subject on the forum. Even If I am eager to express my opinion, I ruled out a debate on the K100rt forum.
A difference of political opinion could ruin the friendship expressed by all of our members.
Our goal is the bike first, but we don't mind talking about other subjects related to our life. This one is just too touchy!

Thanks to give me the opportunity to make my point about this one even if you were not thinking of it...
1,000s of sites will let you express your opinion on this subject and we may meet riding buddies there.

I am pretty liberal and like a good debate. We can always learn a lot from people with different opinion (if we are good listeners and can accept that sometimes we can be wrong). We also have to be pretty sensitive as we advertise a bike forum, and some people may not be happy to find a political debate.

Cheers,

Bert

9Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Tongue was planted firmly in cheek! I prefer a good discussion over a political tirade. I reason that there are more than a few people who would desire to have you hear their argument and attempt to swing you to their way. I like the differences, the extremes even, of both left and right because at the end of the day it's settled somewhere in the middle for the good of all. Also, there's no need for divisiveness. I like a good, old fashioned free press (but was there ever really one!?), regardless of what those who have the gold have to say about it, a press who at least make an attempt to 'keep the bastards honest'. Between the lines? Occasionally we must stray from the directed path, in the words of old Henry David Thoreau, “Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” That's the way I ride too (motorbike content).

10Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:12 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
I remember when I was serving in RAF There were taboo subjects...Religion, Sex and Politics.
Careful how you tread, it could ruin a good forum.

Ajays

Last edited by Ajays on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

11Back to top Go down   Dec. 2010 update Empty Re: Dec. 2010 update Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 am

Yeah, I reckon a few easy disagreements wouldn't ruin anything, unless those involved had extremely thin skin, but fair enough, in the wise words of Nez Perce Chief Joseph, "I will speak (of it) no more forever."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum