BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hi folks,
Anyone with the tank pads willing to make a tracing so I can get the correct size and shape?
Thanks,
OG

2Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I've got a pair off right now if no one else can do it.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

3Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Great C! I will buy you a beer when I tour Canada. Smile

4Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I want to put some on my K11 too. How do you intend to make them.

I have thought about it many times but have never come to a conclusion.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
These guys sell general sheet kits Freak. I just prefer the friction coefficient offered by these.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

OG

6Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thanks OG I have seen a few adds for the seat gripster stuff. To get it in Oz I have to buy from UK.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

7Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
No worries Freak. I've been very happy with it from a performance stand point, but haven't used it on a daily driver so I'll have to report back on the day to day durability.

8Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:08 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
an excellent idea og ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:50 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Reminds me of a dear friend in the UK who had a somewhat sticky seat which was good at controlling slip under heavy braking and one day his girlfriend decided to wash and polish his bike (what a girl!). She also decided to clean the seat and give it a good treatment with Armourall. Setting out that day he didn't really notice until a car pulled out causing him to brake sharply and slide along the seat and up onto the tank. Harsh words were exchanged that night and she never cleaned his bike again.
Regards,
K-BIKE

10Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lucky she didnt do the wheels and tires as well kbike ....

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Tank knee pads 723598

12Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
When I was drag racing one competitor said he would never armourall his seat again after sliding of the rear of his MachIV Kawasaki while comming of the start line.

13Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 pm

scabzzzz

I know I've seen the universal pads on eBay fit farely well on BMW bikes.

14Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 am

Life time member
Life time member
Oldgoat wrote:Hi folks,
Anyone with the tank pads willing to make a tracing so I can get the correct size and shape?
Thanks,
OG

I wouldn't mind a set of these but the price of the BMW ones is a bit sore! I like your idea OG... got a scan of your tracing?

88KE

15Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:19 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I have a spare set of used knee pads that I can part with, though K Freak would still have first dibs on them since he and I had talked earlier about them.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

16Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
+1 ^on 88KE's request. I can source the synthetic rubber locally but would like the pattern.

17Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:46 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Dredging up this topic again instead of creating a new thread.

For those who might be interested in functional tank pads but don't want to afford the BMW originals, there is a product called Tank Tredz. It is a self-adhesive gripping material that is raved about on other motorcycle forums. Those who have the product commend its grip and it is totally transparent which means the tank colour continues to shine through; it's as if there is nothing on the tank at all.
Tank knee pads Img8826w

Anyway, I was researching the product and came across a sweet deal. Tank Tredz has their own web site but the mothership, Flexible Innovations, hosts a web site, Geckostrips.com which is offering a couple of the same designs for less than half price. The Tank Tredz are primarily designed for modern sports bikes but the Kawasaki ZX6R/RR design just happens to fit the BMW K-bike tank very nicely, thank you very much. So, for $20, you can get a functional tank pad that works well and won't detract any paint job. If you use the coupon code "CRACKBERRY" at the checkout, you get an additional 25% off the clearance price for a whopping total of $15 plus shipping.

18Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Nice find Rob!

OG

19Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
i got excited about this and hit their site straight away , 15 dollars for the tank grips , 30 dollars postage to Aus. not to worry , will make do with double sided tape or summink.

http://www.airware.com.au

20Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
beanoldboy wrote:i got excited about this and hit their site straight away , 15 dollars for the tank grips , 30 dollars postage to Aus. not to worry , will make do with double sided tape or summink.
Are there other Aussies on the forum who might be interested? I think it should be possible to order multiples and amortize the postage costs between the participants. I'm looking into that here with a guy from the local motorcycle forum because the postage to Canada is $21, yet if I order two or three sets, it's still about $21.

21Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:22 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
makes sense mate.
Anyone else want tank grips?
N.

http://www.airware.com.au

22Back to top Go down   Tank knee pads Empty Re: Tank knee pads Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i'd love some but will have to wait a month ....sorry bean ...id love to contribute to the bulk buy ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum