BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Mirror ball joint Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 am

John The Hat

John The Hat
The LHS mirror on my bike is missing.As is the ball joint it was mounted on. The pod is in good condition otherwise. Anyone have a broken mirror pod kicking about with a decent ball in it ?

2Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Re: Mirror ball joint Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
You can also buy these as single parts from Motorworks or Moto-bins (last one cheapest).

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Re: Mirror ball joint Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have found that many of the mirrors for sale on places like ebay are more expensive than buying new from Motobins.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Re: Mirror ball joint Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 am

John The Hat

John The Hat
Sadly the 16mm ball is not a separate part. On the up side I know a man with a lathe.

5Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Mirror ball joint Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 am

John The Hat

John The Hat
John The Hat wrote:Sadly the 16mm ball is not a separate part. On the up side I know a man with a lathe.

For future ref, the ball & retaining clip come with the mirror glass. And if anyone needs same, I have a BMW spare & a spare one-off that can be glued into the pod.

6Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Re: Mirror ball joint Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
John The Hat wrote:For future ref, the ball & retaining clip come with the mirror glass.

That is also visible in the earlier provided links, at least the one to Motorworks.
The link to Moto-bins did unfortunatelly not function as expected.
Good that you get it sorted.

Inge K.

7Back to top Go down   Mirror ball joint Empty Re: Mirror ball joint Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
Thanks again to the gurus for being here.

Right side mirror element fell off yesterday.
Not the pod, just the glass and the backing...Ta da, Done deal.

Knew about exactly where it had fallen off and parked, walked back and it of course had been run over multiple times by that time. Razz

S..t, and I didn't have anything to do with this one...(this time). Heh.

Because of this fine collection of folks I knew what needed to be done and made that happen today at the local dealer...who happened to have the part on hand.

Little cutie service gal and them having the part on hand made this day a better one.

Paid $53 and went out the door with a smile.

Certainly will make sure the clip is installed on the back.

Part # was diff from another posted here. Part that I got was 46632307640.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum