BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
leds running lights Pc010110

I have just bought some cheap led lights and stuck them on with double sided tape. It saves me switching on the headlight every time I go for a ride around town. leds running lights Pc010111

The wiring was connected to the power supply for the fuel pump.

2Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah anything that makes you stand out against the background certainly helps.
I noticed that some Ks with a fairing have a row of LEDs in where the park light goes.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
I agree with K Freak, the more visible you are head on the better your chances are of getting back home, I've done the same as you but mounted on brackets where the engine bars attach, along with changing the front indicator bulb sockets to take stop/tail light bulbs, this gives you a larger visual than just head light alone.

leds running lights Lights10

Ride with your headlight on at all times, it's better to burn a bit more of the 12 volt stuff than to end up a screeming heap on the side of the road just because "sorry I didn't see you" or "where did you come from".

regards Bushy

4Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Busy yours certainly do make a differance. How legal are the orange blinker lights being on all the time?

5Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Don't know, but when they flash they are bright, Hog's have'em so why can't Bricks.

Unless the boys in blue tell me otherwise there staying, it's a quick change back to orriginal if there becomes a problem.

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat.  #0024503

6Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Yeah the Americans have them on all the time on many of their bikes. What about rego time, any problems?

7Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
No pink slip here in Tassie.

Regular roadside inspections by police and traffic Inspectors, have yet to be pulled over, time will tell.

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

8Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:51 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Here's another pic with the R/H indicator flashing.

( do you know how many photos it took to capture the flash of the bulb?Smile

leds running lights Lights12

Regards Bushy.

9Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the photo. Taswegians must be far more tolerant people...firstly for you to get the flash right and secondly for allowing those lights to function like they do. In NSW there must be a need to finance the government coffers as those lights would proberly attract some sort of fine and would not get through rego. Thanks again and you flash well.

10Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
I know what you mean We moved to Tassie in '04 from Central Coast NSW. Pink slip, green slip Rego, insurance.....Speed Cameras, Red Light Cameras, if it's not revenue raising what is it.

The roads down here are great, well maintained but a total population of 500,000, how do they do it.

Here Rego &CTP combined, paid through Au Post, over the phone or the Net (6 Monthly if you like), + Insurance. Easy.

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

11Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
bushyintas wrote:Don't know, but when they flash they are bright, Hog's have'em so why can't Bricks.

Unless the boys in blue tell me otherwise there staying, it's a quick change back to orriginal if there becomes a problem.

Regards Bushy

Nah just tell its a BMW thing standard from factory.

Reckon its a good idea, all the new Harleys are rego'd here in Oz with them.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

leds running lights 170874

12Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
So long as your ride looks 'reasonable' and major gear in good condition (tyres, mufflers, light lenses etc), the local constabulary is happy, you should see some of the rust buckets on the roads here, farm ute's, tractors, cars, but all the bikes seem to be well maintained, self preservation i suppose. I don't think I'll have any hassles with my K.

I'll just quote caferacer and smile Smile

Regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

13Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
bushyintas wrote:The roads down here are great, well maintained but a total population of 500,000, how do they do it.

I've worked out how they do it, all the states figured they cant get there roads all good so they have all pooled the funds into tassie so at least one states roads are all great. Must come down and use some my road tax spending Razz .

I reckon I'll take being visible over a slight bend of the rules anyday.

14Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"all the new Harleys are rego'd here in Oz with them"

In my oh so very humble opinion...don't they look shite! Rolling Eyes

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

15Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The Harleys or the lights Blakey Smile

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

16Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
I personally don't like Harley's either.

Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723

17Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
The breakdown service can see the Milwaukee Tractors better in the dark when they're broken down on the side of the road. Thats why they have those running lights.

My brother in laws got one, lots of chrome. But at $35000 think how many K's you could have.

18Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You may know this but with regard to Harleys that 97% of Harleys made are still on the road.
The other 3% made it home. leds running lights 44271

19Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:22 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Whoops!

The lights. I've seen a couple of Jap bikes with the front indicators as running lights and they look terrible (my opinion only).

I'd have a Harley...I need a flash looking compressor.

Last edited by blakey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

20Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:28 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ainsjac, just saw your photo of your LED light (I can't see photos on my work computer).
I have the same idea as you where it fits under the fairing on my RS in virtually the same place.

21Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Blakey, remember that it will work only if your bike is red.

On my bike that area where I stuck the lights is flat so the lights should stay on.

22Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:22 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Bushy, I had the great priviledge of spending a few weeks in Tassie in January this year. What a wonderful time and trip (in a car, had to take mum-in-law).

The weather was great, but I noted that the cars did not have real bull bars but lower ones...down near the bumper bar. Would this be for wombats? The other strange thing that very few cars had valve caps on their wheels. Is there a law against this?

23Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:42 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
The wombats eat the valve caps and the lower "bull bars" are to keep the wombat numbers in check.

24Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:24 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i spent 4 weeks in tassie early 90's riding a sidecar and spent more time on the wrong side of the road trying to dodge road kill, what scenery i managed to see was brilliant and the roads where good and not much traffic, but the buggers put the sign posts facing parallel to the road missed reading one and lost my mate for 3 days but loved the place and definatley going back

25Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col, not sure...did you like the place BECAUSE you lost your mate for 3 days?

26Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Low roo bars are due to only having "low roo's"! Only one real kangaroo in Tassie , the Forester and they are confined to the NE corner. Bennett's wallaby . pademelon . possum and wombats depending on area . oh yeah the famous Tassie Devil cops it too cos he likes to feast on the resulting smorgasbord !
Re valve caps, hire cars dispense with these due to frequent checking by service personel , perhaps you only noticed fellow tourist cars?

27Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Re valve caps, hire cars dispense with these due to frequent checking by service personel , perhaps you only noticed fellow tourist cars?[/quote]

Can't service personel unscrew and screw on caps ? To be truthful, I only saw this on hire cars.

28Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty me too Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 pm

artnz

Very Happy leds running lights DSCN0006

http://artnz.blogspot.com/

29Back to top Go down   leds running lights Empty Re: leds running lights Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Artnz, you certainly got all angles covered. Nice looking.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum