BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

flatlandflyer

Hi all, been a member for a bit now, reading posts, and fixes,thought I'd introduce myself & my new (to me) scoot.I'm an older fella,been riding various makes since the fall of 1963.A lot of Jap stuff is on the list ,several KZ 1000 's and a 93 VFR 750(still own this honey),needed a bike to cross western Ne. & eastern Co. so I found this jewel

From the land of Flat(Nebraska) 003-1

An '89 showing just under 30,000 miles on the clock(not true though, the odo gears stripped when I bought it,now repaired)Since it's now snowing I've been making upgrades and repairs(new fuel lines,driving lights,headlight relays ,seat latch,rekeyed bag locks,fork seals,& fairing gaters,maybe some insulation under the tank )
I'd like to thank all for the wealth of info here,awesome stuff!! From the land of Flat(Nebraska) 22936
Gimpy

2Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:07 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Gimpy. Great looking bike. Very Happy

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

3Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. That white bike would fit in well with your snow.

4Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:23 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Gimpy
no one is old on here, we can't see you struggle to throw your leg over or in my case try and stand up after getting off.
Hope winter is a bit kinder to you guys this year, it's is still really cool here
in Summer, a bad sign.
Nice bike too
Cheers RT.

5Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:48 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome gimpy .....nice looking bike ...hoping you have fun riding mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:30 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Hello flatlandflyer and a very warm welcome from Cornwall, UK Wink

7Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Gimpy. That flatlandflyer sure looks a nice steed, I have always liked that paint scheme on the RSs it makes a sports bike look but still distinctly BMW.
Old is always 10 years older than you.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Gimpy,
Great looking bike, good to have you on board.
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Gimpy welcome to the forum nice looking bike mate.

BIG D

10Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty A big thanks for the welcome!! Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:56 am

flatlandflyer

Thank you all for the welcome,and the compliments for the RS.I'm a sucker for pearl Smile!! We suffered 3 or 4 in. of snow yesterday, but is OK cause the garage is liveable , & the RS needs some tinkering(bulb warning light refuses to go out even though all of the bulbs are good) needs some extra lights so I can see Bambi before he walks out in front of me.Also thinking about upgrading the alt. to a 50 amp unit.Lots of stuff to grease and put right.The PO had it serviced @ the dealer on a regular basis but little things have been left undone. On the bright side the ABS works, and it runs like a top!!!After the oddo was repaired it showed me 45 mpg on a 150 mile cruise Laughing . I've scattered it all over & intend to put in new fork seals, and brake pads before the weather turns good again.
Nice to see that you fellas are all over the world,I like being able to chat with folks from everywhere!!
Gimpy

11Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Gimpy to the forum, nice looking ride you have there. At least you'll have plenty of time for tinkering with the weather your having. Can't imagine living somewhere that cold, I suffer when it gets below 5 deg C :pale: .

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

From the land of Flat(Nebraska) 170874

12Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:53 am

Life time member
Life time member
I like that colour scheme Gimpy, It doesn't look like an RS screen tho' (not that I know a lot about RS's!) is it a taller touring screen?

Welcome along from the other side of the Atlantic!

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

13Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 pm

flatlandflyer

88KE wrote:I like that colour scheme Gimpy, It doesn't look like an RS screen tho' (not that I know a lot about RS's!) is it a taller touring screen?

88KE

Thank you for the welcome,the screen is a Aero Flow add on, mounts with Velcro to the fairing , & works very well.Likely the biggest screen I've ever used. The PO told me he had never used it(he didn't trust the Velcro mounts,so being like I am,I mounted it ,stays put @ 100 indicated Wink ) Good protection with little turbulence or noise.
Gimpy

14Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Life time member
Life time member
I assume that 100 test was conducted on a private road ??? Very Happy

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

15Back to top Go down   From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Empty Re: From the land of Flat(Nebraska) Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 am

flatlandflyer

Oh absolutely,I wouldn't break any speed limit laws Wink on the public roads.

Gimpy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum