BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Folks,

Christmas Greetings. Well, I was after a K75 and have just bought a 1990 K100RS 4V! Very Happy I wanted a long legged, characterful machine to complement my HD MT350 back road/off road steed. The 'K' has had some recent work done; new driveshaft, clutch, rear shock and some other bits and pieces but it's also quite far from the one owner, low miles pampered with BMW FSH I might dream about! It's got 87K (miles) on the clock so I'm encouraged to see some much bigger mileages are possible from these engines Smile . Fingers crossed she'll do quite a few more without a catastrophic failure! Looking forward to finding out more about these machines and hearing from some like minded souls. Looks like parts for the 4 valve can be a bit tricky to find as well so might be on the look oput for a few odds and sods before long.... Laughing

All the Best
Dave

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:48 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dave,
Good to have you on board and worry not there are heaps of parts around for the 1990 K100 RS 4V.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:56 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks K-BIKE, that's good to hear and thanks for the welcome Very Happy .

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:10 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the Forum Dave (MT350Explorer is just too much for us Aussies). So Dave it will be, if you don't mind. Very Happy

Plenty to do and see here!

Oh yeah, we love pictures...not of you. The bike.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Dave.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

6Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome along Dave. It's good to have another member from the northern hemisphere! You'll find plenty of advice and ideas on here and that mileage figure will grow as the k grows on you. It's not exactly biking weather in these Isles at the moment tho'.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

7Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Dave I'm sure you will find plenty here to keep the KRocket in top trim.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:58 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard dave .....merry christmas to you ...and may your riding be enjoyable

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. We have only insane people here, who will probably have an answer for most questions you have.

10Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:03 am

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Guys for the welcome, look forward to more banter as I get to grips with the bike. Will certainly post some photos as soon as I get it (it's being delivered after Christmas). Yeah, really crumby weather here (much of the year!) although an uncharacteristically warm 11 degrees celsius the day before yesterday! For me it's the road salt that gets driven in to every nook and cranny and rots metal that makes we want to wait until spring before I ride her much. Merry Christmas All. Dave Very Happy

11Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:14 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome, Dave, good choice of brick.

12Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:26 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Dave welcome to the forum from further along the coast, HD350 not bad at least you did not go for the Armstrong 500, they either started first time or you where down to your underpants in sweat trying to get it to go Laughing

BIG D

13Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 am

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Ah yes the infamous Armstrong and its left hand kickstart Very Happy . I'd never say these bikes are brilliant but I do really like their simplicity and charcater - and the olive drab paint of course! That said, I've never let the 350's electric boot stop me riding in my underpants.
Dave

14Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:57 pm

mototomo

MT350Explorer wrote:Hi Folks,

Christmas Greetings. Well, I was after a K75 and have just bought a 1990 K100RS 4V! Very Happy I wanted a long legged, characterful machine to complement my HD MT350 back road/off road steed. The 'K' has had some recent work done; new driveshaft, clutch, rear shock and some other bits and pieces but it's also quite far from the one owner, low miles pampered with BMW FSH I might dream about! It's got 87K (miles) on the clock so I'm encouraged to see some much bigger mileages are possible from these engines Smile . Fingers crossed she'll do quite a few more without a catastrophic failure! Looking forward to finding out more about these machines and hearing from some like minded souls. Looks like parts for the 4 valve can be a bit tricky to find as well so might be on the look oput for a few odds and sods before long.... Laughing

All the Best
Dave
ROTAX engines are indestructible. I know, I've have a bmw with a rotax engine that has been used for commuting, offroad, been hammered around race tracks,toured endlessly, and never missed a beat or protested at the endless abuse. K100s are the same.

15Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:54 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome abord Dave from the other end of the British Isles. You have found a good place here with many insane (helpful & knowlegeable) K owners. Happy Xmas to you and yours Wink

16Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Cheers Guys and Merry Christmas!

Looks like being insane is a prerequisite and I'm happpy to tick that box! Will have to rely heavily on you for knowledge and experience though!

Dave

17Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
MT350Explorer wrote:Cheers Guys and Merry Christmas!

Looks like being insane is a prerequisite and I'm happpy to tick that box! Will have to rely heavily on you for knowledge and experience though!

Dave

Consider that a "done deal" Wink

http://www.its-personal.net

18Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Nah you don't have to be insane but it sure helps.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

19Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Oh, so that's what a HD350 is...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

20Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:28 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Thats right blakey, complete with SA80 rifle case. Still a few in use and not a bad machine compared to what was used before, One Armstrong 500 although they where okay when they had the Dell-Orto carb modification and you approached the kickstart ritual properly.

BIG D

21Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:02 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi from Scotland M1030m10

If anyone is interested this is the latest military bike on the scene, Produced for the United States Marine Corp's it is built by HDT [Hayes Diversified Technologies ] and is based on a much modifies Kawasaki KLR650 it has a Diesel engine capable of running on JP8 Jet fuel or AVTUR as its known making it like most other military vehicles Multi fuel.

Its is in use by the USMC and has been sold to the British and other European forces.

BIG D

22Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:05 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm cool d ...

does that mean ...get whatever fuel you can find ....pour all the dregs in the tank and ride ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

23Back to top Go down   Hi from Scotland Empty Re: Hi from Scotland Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:18 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:hmm cool d ...

does that mean ...get whatever fuel you can find ....pour all the dregs in the tank and ride ?

Cool

It means when on op's they can use whatever [within reason] comes to hand Jetfuel or Diesel, As there is hardley any petrol in use these days within MOB use it does not come into the profile.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum