BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Throttle keeper or cruise control Empty Throttle keeper or cruise control Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 am

sensei

We are planning a 5500 km trip this summer from Denmark through Sweden, Finland and Norway all the way to North Cape (Nordkapp) and back and experience tells me that long driving could be a challenge to my right wrist. Is it possible to adjust the resistance in the throttle roll, so that I don’t have to hold all the spring force with my wrist? I have also heard of a fairly simple devise which can be fitted the throttle roll; a kind of a paddle, on which you can lean your hand and take off the load and twist of your wrist - but I can’t find it anywhere. Anybody out there who can assist and is it possible to fit it on a K100? Or do you know of a better and more suitable product, such as a cruise control system (which is fairly simple to fit)? Cheers from Finn

Throttle keeper or cruise control 1106080553

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Hi Sensei,

Is your right control block tapped to accept the OEM throttle friction screw - best option I think. Look for a plastic blank on the underside of the block.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/ShowImage.aspx?image=Diagrams/B0000677.png&rnd=10241452
Looks like number 26 locking screw.

Or http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=503589

Or bar end cruise control - $$.
Regards,

dee why

Last edited by dee why on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If you google Throttle Rocker or Crampbuster you will find the paddle thing you speak of.
I have just finished installing a real cruise control (just like a car) on my K1100 but you may want one that is a bit easier to install.
Try this place http://www.mccruise.com/home.php?cat=248

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
There should be a friction adjuster screw on the throttle - at least there is one on mine.

The paddle is available at Biltema in Næstved. I do not know if it fits the K100, but it seems to work OK on my brothers' Yamaha. There are two partnumbers, 82170 and 82427. Price of 40 or 45 DKK should not break the bank.

sensei

Thanks to all for your advise and thanks to Agerbundsen for notifying me that I can get the item round the corner in Næsted..... Smile

Cheers

/Finn

6Back to top Go down   Throttle keeper or cruise control Empty Re: Throttle keeper or cruise control Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 am

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
I have the Audiovox CC-100 fitted as well as the bar end Cruise. I find the Audiovox (vacuum operated) is the best on dual carriageway roads up and down hills etc. where you are not wanting to slow down for cars or sharp twisties. The bar end cruise I use for the non boring roads eg. twisties constant slowing down and speeding up.
I looked at the factory friction screw... but thought it was a bit more difficult to set being under the switch block.

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum