BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Greetings to all members!
I introduced myself some time ago, and described all the troubles I'll have to go through in order to get my bike on the road, with getting the spare parts, tyres, battery - well, a few days ago I succeeded, it's there Very Happy OK, needs a few more finishing touches, rear shock absorber is leaking, but I'm riding my baby!

Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... On_k_111Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... New_pl10Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... My_k1010Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... On_k_112

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Looking good there. It sure is nice to get it back on the road and do some riding and with your summer comming there should be no shortage of places to go.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Looking good, and just in time for your European summer!

4Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty Summer? Snow! Sun May 13, 2012 11:46 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Saxon7 wrote:Looking good, and just in time for your European summer!
Dunno about summer, this nite we had some 5 cms snow and it's still snowing Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... 178468

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good result so far ....

you have the leaning way over sidestand issue as well ...

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hello, I dont know anything closer Sarajevo, but in Samobor (Zagreb) is a good workshop for shock absorbers. If you need I have a name and phone. Next is near Ljubljana www.amortizerji.si. Price for renovation is about 50 euros in Samobor.

Regards

7Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty Problem probably solved? Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
nino wrote:Hello, I dont know anything closer Sarajevo, but in Samobor (Zagreb) is a good workshop for shock absorbers. If you need I have a name and phone. Next is near Ljubljana www.amortizerji.si. Price for renovation is about 50 euros in Samobor.

Regards

Thanks - in Sarajevo, except (expensive) official Tomic service workshop there is no source for spare parts and I heard of noone repairing them. But my buddy from Kastela near Split, a local guru for everything linked with BMW bikes, promised to send me a used one in good condition.

You not by any Nino from Dubrovnik, who used to run a diving school?

nino

Life time member
Life time member
No, he is Nino Puhiera, I am Nino Masle. But we are same age, and friends for long time. Friend from Kastela? If is Milković you probably find every part need there

9Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty Too far to the side? Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
charlie99 wrote:good result so far ....

cheers

Dunno if that's what you had in mind, but when I use the sidestand, I have a feeling - and other have told me soo - that the bike is leaning too much to the side. I have to be very careful when choosing WHERE to park it, that the surface under it has no slope in the wrong direction. Otherwise it becomes very difficult to straighten the bike up. I'm 178 cm tall, no muscular type (that's why without other person's aid, there is no chance I could pull it to the central stand), and I was already thinking about lowering the height of my seat - I have a feeling my legs are a few cms too short. Wouldn't even like to think of riding something so high like enduros, R 1200 GS and similar...

10Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty Bingo Mon May 14, 2012 2:51 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
nino wrote:No, he is Nino Puhiera, I am Nino Masle. But we are same age, and friends for long time. Friend from Kastela? If is Milković you probably find every part need there

Bingo both times, give Puhiera my greetings, from Tarik, he'll remember me Smile And it is Zlatko Miljkovic from Kastela (now in Solin), he sent me the rest of the parts I needed too.

nino

Life time member
Life time member

cheers

Charlie, whats wrong with leaning way on sidestand of Tariks bike?

Life time member
Life time member
It's good to get back on the road and you're there for summer too! Well done.

Have a search for "sidestand hockey puck" in the forum which might help the sidestand issue.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

13Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty Good advice Mon May 14, 2012 6:48 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
88KE wrote:It's good to get back on the road and you're there for summer too! Well done.

Have a search for "sidestand hockey puck" in the forum which might help the sidestand issue.

88KE

Thanks for the advice. I've seen something similar in a few German catalogues (Detlev Louis, Polo, Hein Gericke), but mostly made from plastic, foreseen for Harley and other chopper/cruiser bikes, and doesn't remain fixed to the sidestand's "foot". That's why I was thinking of asking a friend to simply weld 1-2 cm thick ribbed steel plate to the "foot". Of course, disconnecting previously all electronics so it wouldn't get "burnt".

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nino wrote:

cheers

Charlie, whats wrong with leaning way on sidestand of Tariks bike?

nothing at all nino ...but i does kind of creep you out of the extreeme angle ...there were a few times that i found it hard to find a parking position ,,where i felt it was safe, without toppling over ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

15Back to top Go down   Bosnian K 100 LT finally on the road... Empty PS Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
88KE wrote:It's good to get back on the road and you're there for summer too! Well done.

88KE

PS You got any idea how THIS is called in German? Because that's where I order most of my stuff from

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum