BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi to all members!

There is a 1991 K 75 RT's rear shock for sale at eBay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290719854079
Can it be used on 1989 K 100 LT???? I was thinking of getting one as a spare.

Regards,
Tarik

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Monolever K bike shocks are the same length and can be swapped round as needed. It's the longer Paralever shock that shouldn't be used on a Monelever (as it will raise the back end a fair way - unless you desire that), but if dropping (lowering) the bike is the desired result then a Monolever shock can be used on a Paralever.

(The preceding statement, and any statement I make on this forum and in life in general from here on out and from here in retrospect, should be taken as my opinion only and that anyone with half a brain can experiment to their choosing and decide for themselves what works and what doesn't. I am not an expert on suspension in any way, and do not claim to be one, and my experience is strictly limited to the nearly 36 years that I've been fiddling with what works and what doesn't for me personally with motorbike shock absorbers and suspension in general, and any adjustments I've made have been to suit me and my riding style and those of my customers. Opinions will vary. Terms and conditions apply. Do not try this at home. Professional mechanics using professional tools only. I am not liable for any accidents nor misuse of suspension and/or their settings. I am also not responsible for any upset feelings nor delicate dispositions regarding my casual and wanton expression of my personal opinions.)

Dunno if I'd pay over 79 Euro plus postage for a twenty one year old, secondhand shock, though. That translates to over AUD$100+. Last year I sold about the same thing to a bloke in Sydney for AUD$50...I'm sure you can find a better deal.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I recall when I started looking for a replacement for my 75 The 100 was 0.2mm larger in the spring wind. now I'd have to go out in the shed and fiddle for an hour of so, and i no doubt would start doing other stuff whilst out there but without looking in the book I'm thinking it was about 4.2mm wire wind for the 100 and 4.0.. for the 75 or there abouts other than that the bodies are the same. if your shock is stock then you can always use your spring. hope that helps

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

4Back to top Go down   Can 1991 K 75 RT's rear shock be used on 1989 K 100 LT? Empty Price for 2nd hand shock Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:56 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Guest in the House wrote:Monolever K bike shocks are the same length and can be swapped round as needed. It's the longer Paralever shock that shouldn't be used on a Monelever (as it will raise the back end a fair way - unless you desire that), but if dropping (lowering) the bike is the desired result then a Monolever shock can be used on a Paralever.

(The preceding statement, and any statement I make on this forum and in life in general from here on out and from here in retrospect, should be taken as my opinion only and that anyone with half a brain can experiment to their choosing and decide for themselves what works and what doesn't. I am not an expert on suspension in any way, and do not claim to be one, and my experience is strictly limited to the nearly 36 years that I've been fiddling with what works and what doesn't for me personally with motorbike shock absorbers and suspension in general, and any adjustments I've made have been to suit me and my riding style and those of my customers. Opinions will vary. Terms and conditions apply. Do not try this at home. Professional mechanics using professional tools only. I am not liable for any accidents nor misuse of suspension and/or their settings. I am also not responsible for any upset feelings nor delicate dispositions regarding my casual and wanton expression of my personal opinions.)

Dunno if I'd pay over 79 Euro plus postage for a twenty one year old, secondhand shock, though. That translates to over AUD$100+. Last year I sold about the same thing to a bloke in Sydney for AUD$50...I'm sure you can find a better deal.

Well you should see what prices generally 2nd hand K 100 shocks reach on German eBay: a few escaped me because I was not prepared to pay more than 100 Euro
that's why ebay.co.uk is better place to look, for us Europeans

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Hmmm, and I thought we got ripped off Down Under....

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

6Back to top Go down   Can 1991 K 75 RT's rear shock be used on 1989 K 100 LT? Empty Disadvantages of Germany Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Guest in the House wrote:Hmmm, and I thought we got ripped off Down Under....

I suppose the reason is in fact that there are still many K 100s and K 75s around, and the business with "breakers" is not so well developed in Germany like, so more difficult to get the 2nd hand spare parts than in the UK

I still haven't run into a company like Motorworks in Germany

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum