BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   heated grip switch question Empty heated grip switch question Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:22 pm

jings

jings
i have 3 wires going to the original heated grip switch i want to change switch to have grips either off or fully on . wires to switch are orange ,green/black and black

+

2Back to top Go down   heated grip switch question Empty Re: heated grip switch question Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
If you want full power only, connect the green/black and black (use thick gloves).

If you can`t afford the genuine switch, this is a cheap alternative....
then you get both high and low position.

3Back to top Go down   heated grip switch question Empty Re: heated grip switch question Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
There was a gent in the States selling digital modules that you could use as a heated grip switch/control. The digital switching allowed the full current (no use of a heating up resistance wire or resistance), but adjustment is with switching it on/off quickly. Works like a charm. I think it was on the K11OG forum.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland heated grip switch question Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   heated grip switch question Empty Re: heated grip switch question Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ReneZ wrote:There was a gent in the States selling digital modules that you could use as a heated grip switch/control. The digital switching allowed the full current (no use of a heating up resistance wire or resistance), but adjustment is with switching it on/off quickly. Works like a charm. I think it was on the K11OG forum.

Something similar to this I`ll guess.............

http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,429.0.html
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,1243.0.html

5Back to top Go down   heated grip switch question Empty Re: heated grip switch question Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 pm

jings

jings
Inge K. wrote:If you want full power only, connect the green/black and black (use thick gloves).

If you can`t afford the genuine switch, this is a cheap alternative....
then you get both high and low position.
thats what i needed to no ive got the genuine switch but dont want to use it all i want to do is switch on grips straight to full power

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum