BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

delToro

delToro
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought an 85 K100RT here in Oz and have started sussing out the wiring. I have the Haynes service manual and it has a late and early model wiring diagram. I'm assuming my 85 model is an early model but when I look at the connectors on the back of the instrument panel I notice two blank pins i.e. only 22 pins. On the early model diagram there are 23 pins and on the late model there are 22 pins.

Is this normal? Maybe an Oz thing? Or is it likely that the wiring harness has been upgraded/replaced?

I haven't noticed any other differences between the wiring diagrams but haven't spent a hell of a lot of time searching either. If you know of any other differences off the top of your head then maybe I could use that as a check to see if my loom is a late model loom or not?

Thanks again and I'm stoked that there is such a fantastic forum for the K100's like this.

delToro

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Aussie 85 K100RT late or early model wiring diagram? Instrument%20cluster%20plug

The early models have 2 lights for the low fuel warning (7l and 4l) and the later models have only the 4l.
Would it be the difference?

Aussie 85 K100RT late or early model wiring diagram? Frog15Aussie 85 K100RT late or early model wiring diagram? Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard ..

have a look at the tank connector ...if at the front (left hand side )it is most likely an early model which has the 2 warning lamps for fuel as crazy frog suggests

otherwise if at the rear is most probably a later model

i think i got that right ...hope that helps

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Greetings new member. Glad to have you onboard. Normally we go to the New Member's Intro page and say hoi. This then gets us access (after three posts and the obligatory hoi, plus a password from Crazy Frog hisveryownself) to a whole heap of download material, the likes of which will contain a wiring diagramme par excellence. Also, post up your bike's VIN and I'll run it through the Great Computer at work. That'll tell you if the builder was pissed after lunch on a Friday arvo, and the how much the salesman made on commission way back then...as well as the actual build date.

delToro

delToro
Wow, what a quick response!

Thanks guys, the fuel connector is at the back of the tank and there are pins 8 and 20 missing as in Crazy Frog's posted diagram so that would point towards it being a late model bike/loom.

Out of interest when is the cutoff between early and late model K100's?

I'll jump onto the Intro page right away to introduce myself. A bit rude of me to start asking for help before introducing myself Embarassed I'm new to forums in general so there's a few protocols I'll need to learn.

Here's my VIN: O029598K100RT.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There is no real definate cutoff for late/early model but more a transitional period 85/86 there were many changes made in that time.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome deltoro.
Fine crowd here.
They've helped me out a lot...and put up with me too...well Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum