BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Empty Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 am

IDTWIKA

IDTWIKA
Mine was not as bad, 9 years in a garage. My tank looked better but not the fuel pump. Got it our out. But a question to this august group, what about the fuel level sensor in my 91 k100. It is toast. My options are replace for a $125.00 or so, or cut off the sensor and use the mileage method to keep up with the fuel level.
any thoughts.

2Back to top Go down   Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Empty Re: Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
IDTWIKA, I've split this question away from that other topic as someone, somewhere may also want to know how to repair the sensor.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Empty Re: Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have a gauge a light and I still open the tank and have a look. I reckon you can do a lot of looking for $125.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Empty Re: Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
When I first got the K, I ran out of fuel THREE times!! No alarm, brain in neutral etc. I'm now religiously re-setting the trip meter at every re-fuel, and between 250 - 350 Km I re-fuel. Since then the low fuel alarm has miraculously started to work (I've got no idea why), but I still rely on the trip meter and opening the tank and have a bo-peep, as RickG alluded to.

5Back to top Go down   Dead fuel level sensor 1991 K100 Empty my fuel light.... Tue May 28, 2013 12:05 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
comes on at about 175 miles or 281K. At that point I figure I have about 40 miles or 65K of fuel left.
Another good reason to fix those broken odometer gears!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum