BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty RFID Keyless Ignition Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Cafe-K

Cafe-K
Silver member
Silver member
Anybody given this a try?  This is certainly something I'm interested in doing with my project, and the price on this unit seems very reasonable.

Cheers!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RFID-Reader-key-fob-security-transponder-/251188266023?pt=US_Car_Keys_Transponders&hash=item3a7bfcc427

2Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty Seems like Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:19 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Seems like it would be appropriate to trigger a door lock solenoid on a car to unlock the door.
I'm wondering what the appl. would be on a K bike since the fob has to stay next to the antenna to keep the relay active?
I'm not sure I'd find it dependable enough for "ignition on off????

3Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty Re: RFID Keyless Ignition Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I've discussed this on threads in the Motobrick forum:

http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=3888.msg23810#msg23810

http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=3421.msg20544#msg20544

I've collected the parts but haven't come so far as to test the circuit.  Geez, I wish I could find time, what with a demanding family and work! Can you believe I've filled the gas tank ONCE this season since the start and still haven't run the bike until empty!!  Maybe this weekend I'll find time; the wife and son are away for a 10 days from Saturday.

4Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty Looks good! Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
It looks like a lot of thought has been put into this. I expect you'll be doing it differently than the part on the ebay post up so you can be farther than 3" from the antenna.
If you have the setup already with 20 feet access......what's the need for the ebay part?
I really like your set p.....too complicated for me, but very cool.

I would like to see my original incandescent 2 lamp 7 & 4 liter lights be dimmable at night similar to your led dimmer.
regards, ibj...

5Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty Re: RFID Keyless Ignition Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
A frend of mine put one on a R100 and it had about a 6 foot range. he went out to the bike and put things down on the bench close to the bike (thingy included) and started the bike, rode out the gate and about 3kms down the road and the bike stopped because the timer said I lost contact and now you stop.  He had to walk home to get the thingy and then walk back to the bike which he rode home and put back to needing an old fashioned key that has to be in the lock and turned on.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   RFID Keyless Ignition Empty Re: RFID Keyless Ignition Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Cafe-K

Cafe-K
Silver member
Silver member
I guess the concept of walking up to your bike and it magically knowing that you're ready to ride....ignition on.....go for 1000s of miles is the fantasy.  I'm sure there are lots of things that can go wrong.

My favorite story about this is my buddy who set off with his RFID keyless system and rode around 200 miles....gas light comes on....stops to fill up and guess what...the gas cap isn't keyless is it!  So that's something to consider when making this mod!  Make sure you have a checklist!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum