BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
I was planning on taking the RT out to Yosemite this past weekend. Last time I was out there was about 4 years ago. My wife surprised me on my birthday by renting me a brand new K1200LT for THREE DAYS! She had planned a trip to Yosemite. That was a SPLENDID ride on a FANTASTIC motorcycle!

When I told her that I was planning to go to Yosemite again, she said she'd like to go but preferred to take our truck this time. We wanted to bring a picnic and her water color kit. Well, ok honey....

So I will tell you about my trip, even though it wasn't on a K100 because it was INTENDED to be a K100 trip. Fair enough?

Last time I was in Yosemite, I saw Half Dome and the water fall. Yosemite is a very big place and it is difficult to take it all in in one trip. Last time we did not get to see the Giant Sequoias. I love big trees so I knew I had to go back eventually.

There are two good groves of Giant Sequoias in California. One is in Yosemite and the other is up on the coast close to the Oregon border. Either one is on my MUST SEE list if you visit California.

Mariposa Big Trees in Yosemite Northern California FH000002

How big can a tree get? This is the "Grizzly Giant" and you can get a gauge of its size by trying to discern the image of my wife standing next to it. See her? On the left just above the leftmost fence post. She's in a white jacket and wearing a hat. Big tree! Mariposa Big Trees in Yosemite Northern California Icon_eek

Mariposa Big Trees in Yosemite Northern California FH000009

My wife and I standing next to the trunk of a "smaller" Giant Sequoia. This one is two trees which has "fused" together over the last 1000 years.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum