BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Kamera BiKes Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Has anyone been watching the bicycle races throughout Europe recently?  I glimsed in the background a K Kamera biKe.  With the La Tour about to kick off at the end of the month will we see any more Kamera BiKes as most of them are fairly modern. 

Good to see there is life in the old girl yet.  So I'll be looking at something else besides the scenery and the eye candy.

2Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
the K is just the right rig for this type of gig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL6zD0gsHkk

those guys are just so happy at their work.
Kamera BiKes Hqdefa10

Last edited by Blue Knight on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Kamera BiKes 10_x_110

3Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I had an inquiry last weekend from a pro photographer , ex rider , the same guy who took our Blue Boxer Ride pics.
He is currently driving a car to his bike gigs , and getting most of his shots from a fixed location wherever he can pull up. 
and is now looking for the opportunity to take his camera on a ride .
I don't have any qualms with pillioning a cameraman , as I quite enjoy the K gearing , and the torquieness of the engine. 
Thinking of having a ride in the Newcastle Toy Run , with approx 10,000 bikes.
Has anyone ever tried this type of riding. Be good to hear any suggestions . This is a slow 60-80kmh max , 20km short distance ride.

2018 Kart upgrade.
Kamera BiKes 10_x_110

4Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
I took a local cameraman around during Anzac day this year. A sidecar is best as they usually have a lot of stuff. It also allows them to sit forwards/backwards/sideways and stand or get out to get shots. Remember that they need a helmet - open face is easier because they dont have to take it off for shots. I borrowed the s/c off a mate for the day.

5Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:03 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
thanks Phil , did you get a buzz from it , how did the cameraman fair from the experience. 

Turn the clock back a few years to the making of Mad Max...... who needs a helmet?

Kamera BiKes 122-1210

But I do admire the skill of these guys .

Kamera BiKes Kamera11

2018 Kart upgrade.
Kamera BiKes 10_x_110

6Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Blue Knight wrote:thanks Phil , did you get a buzz from it , how did the cameraman fair from the experience. 

Turn the clock back a few years to the making of Mad Max...... who needs a helmet?

Kamera BiKes 122-1210

But I do admire the skill of these guys .

Kamera BiKes Kamera11

Yep, all good. The cameraman thought it was great. Very Happy I cant imaging the Mad Max camera approach going down well with the local police though. As it was we followed the police marchers in the Anzac parade for a while so at least we knew where they were. The bike/sidecar allows you to filter forward past the parade for better photos.

7Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:38 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
All went well for us on our photo session . 
John the cameraman sat discretely snapshotting to his hearts desire. I just enjoyed the ride . 

Enlarge this image
Kamera BiKes Ed10

Some of Johns pics along the way . Although our itinerary didn't go as planned , it seems to have worked alright .  
Enlarge this image
Kamera BiKes 12307312

Kamera BiKes 12304410

Kamera BiKes 12342410

some refining of schedules needed for 2016.

2018 Kart upgrade.
Kamera BiKes 10_x_110

8Back to top Go down   Kamera BiKes Empty Re: Kamera BiKes Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:07 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I see that our old friend, the red and white K100 Kamera bike is still in this years Tour de France.  We have live coverage here on SBS.  

Stage 10 should be interesting as it passes through BobT's back yard including Saint-Leon-sur-Vezere.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum