BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   speedo not working Empty speedo not working Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 am

sandman jim

hi..just bought 1986 k100rs...(( bike been stood since 2001)) rev counter works fine but i have no speedo reading the needle does not move at all.. any ideas what i should check first please... kind regards jim speedo not working Icon_smile speedo not working Icon_smile speedo not working Icon_smile

2Back to top Go down   speedo not working Empty Re: speedo not working Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
Hey! I have an 86 K100RT and had the same problem, make sure all connections are clean from the final drive pickup through into the instrument panel. Lots of problems with this design, plenty of fixes listed here too, but I found that my final drive pickup was shot, and replaced it for 40 bucks, works like a charm! good luck!

3Back to top Go down   speedo not working Empty Re: speedo not working Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 am

Bones

Hi There,

I had the same problem and it turned out that a good clean with a cloth of the sender unit in the final drive was all that was need to get it working again

B

4Back to top Go down   speedo not working Empty Re: speedo not working Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
It could be your pickup sensor on the differential, but first try to tap on your speedo when riding. If it starts working, the problem is in the cluster.

The most common problem is corrosion on the contacts inside the instrument cluster. You have to open it and clean the contacts indicated by the red arrow.

On the download section you can find a very good page explaining how to open the speedo.

speedo not working Speedo10

5Back to top Go down   speedo not working Empty Re: speedo not working Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:11 pm

sandman jim

Crazy Frog wrote:It could be your pickup sensor on the differential, but first try to tap on your speedo when riding. If it starts working, the problem is in the cluster.

The most common problem is corrosion on the contacts inside the instrument cluster. You have to open it and clean the contacts indicated by the red arrow.

On the download section you can find a very good page explaining how to open the speedo.

speedo not working Speedo10

hi..checked sensor in diff it was clean as anybody got a picture of one taken out so i can compare please...regards jim speedo not working Icon_smile speedo not working Icon_smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum