BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty fuel pump problem Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 pm

penfold67

penfold67
hi everone

i have a bmw K100 LT on a G REG with a problem with not starting its had new fuel pump and ecu and cdi and injetor rail and relays and fuel pressure regulator and new bosch spark plugs (x5dc). The problem is the pump is over running and fluding it then i pull the wires out for the fuel pump the bike will fire up and run but i can not rev it to much will die as its not getting much fuel.

please can some one help me please

from mark:( Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

2Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Have you checked the fuel lines for blockages, I noticed you have replaced the FPR already.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
might be worthwile  pulling the injectors to see if they are pulsing fuel  instead of a straight stream ...or connecting up led to to one of the injector leads to see if it is being sent the right signals

other wise could we be looking at an intermittent temp sensor connections on the water stub to under seat computer ?

please follow the  "k100 2 valve efi trouble shooting" logic flow charts

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm

penfold67

penfold67
fuel pump problem 259495 fuel pump problem 25650 ;BMW;

5Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Electrical » fuel pump problem Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Ha don't worry mate. we ve all pulled the hair out. It will turn out to be something rather simple. Look for an easy answer first before you lose control.
Cheers
RT

6Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RT wrote:Ha don't worry mate. we ve all pulled the hair out. It will turn out to be something rather simple. Look for an easy answer first before you lose control.
Cheers
RT
Don't take too much notice of RT Penfold he is just jealous of my fine head of hair.
Work your way through the flow chart and anything you are unsure of just ask. So far we havent experienced a problem here that couldnt be solved.
Charlie99 was saying about checking the spray of the injectors which will give you a good guide as to what is happening and if the injectors are permanently open which could well be the case as you say it will idle without the pump going. If you do check the injectors individually dont leave the power connected for any more than 1 second or so because they over heat easily or use a small 9 volt battery as used in a household fire alarm.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

7Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Electrical » fuel pump problem Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to keep butting in Penfold, but I'll have Rick G know I actually had to use a comb yesterday morning, Ha, means I must get that hair cut.
Good luck with the problem.

8Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty the temp sensor Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:15 pm

penfold67

penfold67
(the temp sensor) would that control the injectors as i have changed the ecu and the cdi

mark

9Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
When checking the fuel spray pattern on the injectors, keep a fire extinguisher very very near (don't ask me how I know).

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

10Back to top Go down   fuel pump problem Empty Re: fuel pump problem Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
penfold67 wrote:(the temp sensor) would that control the injectors as i have changed the ecu and the cdi

mark
The temp sensor will allow the ECU to vary the mixture ratio to allow for cold or hot running conditions but even a totally non functioning temp sensor should not cause overfueling as you describe.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum