BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

redbeemer

Hi everybody,
I believe that the throttle position switch should click when the throttle is closed but mine doesn't! there appears to be a different throttle position switch on bikes up to 1992. Does the later (1993 on) switch click or not? The later switch is at least double the price of the early one. Your help would be appreciated as I only have a Haynes manual which covers up to 1992. Thanks

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
I'll have a look at my K1100LT and tell you. Otherwise i have the french manual which is a kind of haynes and if there's something about two kinds of throttle i'll try to translate you the stuff

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi redbeemer,
This section of the forum is to welcome new members into our group. Please post something about yourself and your bike so the other members can say hello. Your question really belongs in the Engine and transmission or even the Electrical section rather than here. That will give you the best chance of an answer as most members browse those sections and some skip the welcome section altogether. So ask away in one of those and I know you will get a better response than in this section. Anyway welcome aboard, tell us something about yourself and your bike.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I have to agree with K-Bike about selecting where to post.
The big question is do you have a Motronic or L-Jetronic system.
On the L-Jetronic there is only 2 positions (idle or full throttle) when on the motronic the TPS send the exact position of the throttle body.

If you don't know what system you have, the last 7 digits of the bike serial # will help us to determine it.

redbeemer

It is the Motronic system. If the TPS is completely variably, how is it set?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum