BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Alternator mounting Empty Alternator mounting Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Does anyone out there in K-Land know if there is supposed to be a ½mm thick washer between the mating surfaces of the alternator and the engine, as well as under the head of the bolt?.

For some inexplicable reason I put the washer between the mating surfaces when I replaced the alternator the other day.

2Back to top Go down   Alternator mounting Empty Re: Alternator mounting Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Here is the proper way to install the alternator drive:

Alternator mounting Altern10

3Back to top Go down   Alternator mounting Empty Re: Alternator mounting Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rick,
We have all done something equally inexplicable mine was doing incredibly good terminations on a big multi-core cable plug prior to pushing it through the hole in a firewall which was only just big enough for the cable alone, GRRR have to take off the plug and redo it AFTER pushing the cable through the hole. If I took a guess I doubt it will cause a problem if the washer is only 1/2 a mm thick.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Alternator mounting Empty Re: Alternator mounting Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks! I think the reason I did it was I saw washer marks on the mating surface of the alternator. I've since removed it again...luckily as one of the cush drive rubbers was all skew-if. I silasticed the rubbers onto the base of the cush drive houseing and lubed the edges so that it would slide in easily into the three vanes. I'm now certain that it is fitted correctly.

5Back to top Go down   Alternator mounting Empty Re: Alternator mounting Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rick,
That lubing the rubber bits is a good idea and well worth mentioning, as it helps the alternator slide into place without getting the bits out of place during the reassembly.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum