BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   clanky gearbox Empty clanky gearbox Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 am

klr-dude

my older k75 was rather clanky when shifting despite the new 90w oil
also the cluch cable was a bit stiff ,...the cable was too long and had a funny s twist in it to make up space

after i put on a cable with the right length it was noticable smoother
funny thing is the gearbox is now smooth as silk
i don't know if it is just the cable or the adjustment ,...what a dif.

did anybody notice this ever?

2Back to top Go down   clanky gearbox Empty Re: clanky gearbox Sat May 17, 2008 6:12 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I found putting Redline Shockproof Gear oil - Heavy in my gear box which has under 12,000 K on it made it noticably smoother changing.
Regard,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   clanky gearbox Empty Re: clanky gearbox Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:24 pm

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
I recently switched to AMSOIL Syth gear oil during a fluid change. Shifted good for about 1000 miles then started to kick back between gears, and not make it smoothly from 1st to 2nd, etc.

On a whim, I replaced the AMSOIL with Redline and it has been smooth shifting ever since.

4Back to top Go down   clanky gearbox Empty "gear box" Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi: saw the post for red line oil , sent for some and put it in my recent replaced gear box , and when I drained the old oil (2000 miles) I was surprized to see it was very grey and pearly metalic should it be more clear or is it ok?

Thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum