BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Battery Connections and Ground Empty Battery Connections and Ground Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:10 pm

elementalfire

elementalfire
A potentially stupid question here but I purchased a newer YUSA battery for my 85 K100 and the terminals are reversed from the stock battery. I wasn't smart enough to take pictures first. There is a ground wire running from the transmission to the battery area. I am assuming the ground wire gets attached to the negative side of the battery. My manual says connect the battery cables but does not clarify what is what. There is a split wire with a positive and negative marked on it then the larger wrapped group of wrapped with one connector for the negative side, then this single wire running to a fitting at the top of the transmission.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

elementalfire

2Back to top Go down   Battery Connections and Ground Empty Re: Battery Connections and Ground Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm

kennybob

kennybob
Silver member
Silver member
The single wire from the transmission case bolt is the main ground wire that connects to the battery negative terminal (-).  When messing with the battery remember that the connection at the negative terminal is the first to come off and the last to go back on (to avoid arcing and sparking and welding wrenches with accidental contact).

3Back to top Go down   Battery Connections and Ground Empty Battery Connection Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 am

elementalfire

elementalfire
Thank you for the advice. I just wanted to be sure. I didn't want weekend to begin with a shocking end.

elementalfire

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum