BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Riders Discount Empty Riders Discount Sun May 16, 2010 7:40 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
http://www.ridersdiscount.com/

Through the efforts and generosity of Bert I was given a "voucher" to make a purchase from Rider's Discount.
The website is quite comprehensive and International Shipping attracts a flat fee of $25 US which is a bonus in that it is stated right from the word go so there is no guesswork involved in the total price.

I eventually chose a Dual lens visor for my HJC helmet. Did not have a clue what dual lens meant and still don't but it appears to be some sort of anti-fogging thing for snowmobiles and off road use only!! Just looks and works like a visor to me in that I can see through it but it does have some weird vents on top so we will see.
A little difficult to accurately compare the purchasing process as it was done via a third party but essentially it took about a month to arrive which was a little odd as it was shipped airmail and went via Auckland??

The main thing was that it was well packed, arrived intact and was what I ordered. My only complaint would be the slow freight but you get what you pay for and have not had a chance to compare prices but I would not have a problem dealing with them again.

2Back to top Go down   Riders Discount Empty Re: Riders Discount Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Today I tried for the first time my new ICON riding shorts (Item #58833) received from Riders Discount.
Riders Discount 80x80-SM-THUMB

During the summer, when it's really hot I am riding with a pair of Kevlar jeans. These jeans are great for abrasion, but they don't have any protection for your bones in case of shock.
The Icon shorts are made of mesh material reinforced on the hips by a padding made of abrasion resistant material. The padding is reinforced by a double row of stitching every inch.
These shorts are also padded on crotch. This extra soft layer greatly increase the comfort on long rides.
This is a perfect replacement for my bicycle shorts as the Icon offers the same comfort with added protection.
The Icon are selling for $60 at Riders discount.
I took about 2 weeks to receive them but the longest delay was at the Canadian custom. Custom charged me the usual taxes, and the Canadian post charged me an extra $5 for brokerage fees (bugger!).

This item seems to be of good quality and I would recommend it for people dressing light during hot days.

3Back to top Go down   Riders Discount Empty Re: Riders Discount Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I ordered from Riders Discount a Camelback Flash Flow which is a net pack that can be worn around the waist or diagonally across the back or chest. It has a main compartment closed by a zip which holds the water reservoir in a separate internal pouch and a storage are for other items. There is a separate zipped storage area with two mesh storage pockets inside and a handy key clip for securely storing a key or keys so they cannot get lost.

Altogether a well made unit which arrived well packaged but the only problem was I got it sent to my office so it would not go astray in the mailbox at the end of my drive and they forgot to put my name on so an all person email got sent out to the 260 persons in my office asking who it belonged to, I responded immediately and collected it OK.

Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum