BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Kando

Silver member
Silver member
I didn't fancy sawing steel and welding parts on the suspension parts 
today, and I really want to get some progress with the rear wheel adaptor, so did a bit of machining instead. Although it has ample power to do the work, the brake drum is 12mm too big to clear the bedways of my small lathe so had a think about doing on the mill. First raided my bar-ends bin and found a slab of alloy to turn up a spacer to fit the register face on the inside of the brake drum, drill some holes in it, and thread them for the wheel bolts, then clamped the assembly down onto the mill table.

My mill is only a hobby size machine it'sAnd yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Apdc0412 an old manual Emco FB2, so it was a lot of handwheel winding to carve off the unwanted ribs across the drum. The limited cross travel necessitated slackening the hold-down bolts and rotating the drum 180 degrees. picture shows almost finishing the last segment.

A friend has offered the loan of his small rotary table tomorrow, so I'll take a ride up to Norwich and collect it for the weekend. I can mount the drum on it and put on a rotational finishing cut to clean up and also trim the cut-off spoke ends. 

The second weekend activity will be to get all the holes drilled in the adaptor while I've got the table, I can always finish the turning later to get the wheel mounting face down to the correct thickness.

52Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
And this is what's happen when the upper frame is not properly reinforced..... affraid 
And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Broken10

53Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Kando

Kando
Silver member
Silver member
I bet that raised the pulse rate just a bit while the whole plot decelerated at a similar rate!

54Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:21 pm

halflive

halflive
Silver member
Silver member
No it does not.
If you look at the other photo's of this bike you see the fork was turned down to approx 1mm wall thickness to get a 41mm diameter. Nothing to do with the subframe. The fork broke backing up and braking, that's why it sits in a driveway with the wheel forward. So the owner may have lookt a bit akward but did not freak out.

https://s251.photobucket.com/user/swaybar2002/media/LEADINGLINKFAILURE.jpg.html

http://halflive.hostei.com

55Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Kando

Kando
Silver member
Silver member
Well I guess if it was just while manoeuvring I don't suppose it would be a big deal - - red face maybe! I hadn't looked at any other pictures which as you say tell a different tale, only 1 mm thickness strikes me as being rather thin at that particular area no matter what spec the tube would be

56Back to top Go down   And yet one more K75 and sidecar - Page 2 Empty Re: And yet one more K75 and sidecar Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You can ask him about it . It's AL-58s bike but some time ago at the old house that was burnt down.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum