BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Right hand light switch slider . Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:40 pm

filastein

filastein
I trying to work out exactly were the ball bearing on the slider is supposed to go.
I wondering if there is supposed to be two ball bearings?

Any pictures greatly appreciated.

Cheers Fil

2Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:12 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Right Hand Switch Disassembly/reassembly instructions

No, only one ball bearing required. You can see it on page 7.

3Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty thanks, great help Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:24 am

filastein

filastein
who would of thought , just one screw well hidden in the crud, would trip me up.
Sorry not been back earlier, up to me elbows in it.

Just need to realign the headlight this weekend and the brick is back.

4Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
That's an excellent link with good images. When my headlight switched failed recently on my return home to OZ ride, I discovered that there wasn't any spring putting pressure on the ball bearing behind the headlight on/off slider. It had no 'detent' and would allow the lamp to blink intermittently. It's no wonder a few cars ahead of me moved aside as we passed. Who would have thought!?

I tried a small spring from a biro, a sleeve of plastic, etc., to no avail. Replacement was the only way to 'fix it' in the time we had. Thanks again to the brothers Grabau! Glad to hear, Filastein, that you're going to be going again.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

5Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 pm

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
I'm tagging onto the end of this thread as I have my right hand switch assembly coming to pieces as a result of being at a loss as to where to go next.
My problem is a u/s rear park light / tail light. Bulb and holder check out ok so I separated the plug at the rear and confirmed no power getting to the upstream terminals in the plug half.
Front park light works so I need to find places en route from switch assembly to rear plug where I can check for continuity and hence narrow down the area in which the open circuit must be located.

Any help much appreciated...

6Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The only access point is the switch plug under the tank, other than that it is to open the harness.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 pm

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
Cheers Rick - will keep you posted.

Hope you are keeping well? I thought of you as I came up from Sydney through Glouster, Inverell and Texas. In Toowoomba now.

Have the stalk mirrors surfaced yet ????

8Back to top Go down   Right hand light switch slider . Empty Re: Right hand light switch slider . Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am in Barmah in Victoria ATM

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum