BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 am

tunza60

tunza60
My red warning light stays on for about 3 or 4 minutes before going off. I have activated both brakes, and it stays on. Is this a warning warning light?

2Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
So what you are saying is that you start your bike, apply the front and rear brakes, light still stays on but turns itself of after you start riding down a road a bit?

Check the bulbs for the rear brake and also the tail light. Clean them as well as their sockets. Now recheck the warning light.
Fixed? Sometimes what appears to be a working bulb will still make the warning light come on.

If that doesn't work, check the front brake switch and rear brake switch. Check for continuity.
They may just need a good clean.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I gave up on mine as it was like an Irish indicator so disabled it and am much happier.

I check everything works before I ride and that is a damn site more than I do with the car.

4Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:32 am

tunza60

tunza60
cheers blakey, will do that on weekend..btw the warning light is only for lighting/bulb problems.. yes? or does it indicate other issues too?

5Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
For your year bike, it only relates to the brake/tail lights.

On later models, it is part of the checking system for the ABS set-up as well.

I have also seen somewhere how you can disable the BMU (bulb monitoring unit) if you so desire.

6Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:.

I have also seen somewhere how you can disable the BMU (bulb monitoring unit) if you so desire.

Not sure if it is the best method but it is simply a method of bending (re-forming) one of the pins on the bulb monitoring unit so it misses the appropriate socket, and I would have to double-check the circuit diagram as to which one. One less thing to worry about.

7Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 am

tunza60

tunza60
i will check and clean all bulbs..if it stays on for a while i will live with it. Its only bulbs after all eh!!

8Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 am

tunza60

tunza60
i have the deoxit stuff so will spray and clean liberally!! Warning light 11 Icon_biggrin

9Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Jeez, the way I go on about the DeoxIT stuff, I hope it works!

I also agree with Phil. I had a BMU type device on my XS750 Yamaha.
None of my other bikes had it and even though my RS has it, I check my brake light's reflection on a car behind me if I'm waiting at a set of traffic lights. Been doing it that way for years.

If it ends up being the BMU, it may be costly to replace.

10Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
hi i have a red light come on my bike at lunch right before i went to ride back to work, it comes on B4 u start the bike. both brakes turn the stop light on, but my parkers come on when the key is turned on, will it light if a parker is blown. i hope i am right thinking this is the red light with the triangle and the ! in it

11Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
The Bulb Monitoring Unit checks both lights: stop light and tail light.

Warning light 11 Bulb%20monitoring

12Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
thanks

13Back to top Go down   Warning light 11 Empty Re: Warning light 11 Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:05 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
ok wierd... lol. i have never seen it light up befor today. i just went out and turn the key on pulled the front brake on and then the rear and wola its gone, dose it every time u turn the key on, start the bike tho and and press the 2 brakes and it stays on for a few minutes. all the lights are working as per normal.... lol i think this bike has a mind of its own.. work what parts it wants when it wants..?. damn thing had me worried i didnt ride it back to work cos i though something was wrong....
thanks any way guys

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum