BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kenfive

kenfive
Hello to all,

My first involvement with the K100RT was in '84.   The bike in question was bought new in Germany, entered the US through Canada and ridden across the border into Ohio when I bought it.  Back in the day, the machine was considered a used machine (Ohio plates), therefore not subject to California regulations.  

Additionally, I have a second K100RT bought used in '86.  This machine is hooked to an EML double wide side car.  The front of the bike has and EML "earls style," front fork with 15 inch car wheels (wide tires).  The rear of the bike uses a double rear swing arm (air cooled bikes, but heavier built) with another 15" rim and flat wide rear tire as well.   The side car also has a disc brake on it.  The shocks front and back are all Koni shocks and springs.   Additionally, the earls front end uses a hydraulic (adjustable) steering damper.    

This outfit is what we used as our "motor home"  for vacations, BMW rallies, etc.   As a side note there is a top that we'd install when it starting raining to keep my wife and son, warm and dry in wet weather.   Of course, I'd be out in the weather, but I enjoyed the trips we'd take on this rig.

As a side note fuel mileage would average between 28 to 32 mph.  Not bad considering that the combination loaded weighed in about 1200 pounds, with all the gear on it and us.

All the best.
Kenfive

Stumpy

Stumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the forum.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome Ken

awesome

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

prince

prince
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome from Canada

2011 BMW K1600GTL (gone)
2018 BMW K1600GTL

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
New member but not new to early K100RT 177912 Crazy Frog will definitely be interested in the EML!

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Ron Ashurst

Ron Ashurst
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Ken

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum