BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

parky

parky
The girl is coming up to her 28th birthday and is currently running quite rich [correction lean]. Having read widely though this forum it was determined to closely inspect rubber parts, hoses, mounts et al on the air intake system. Amongst other things, one or another of the four 'elephant trunks' protuding from the air box have developed cracks. The box is otherwise in very, very good shape. So my question is, has anyone satisfactory managed a work around to repair them? I ask because I have not seen anywhere where one can purchase the "trunks" new separately. Surely, someone has swapped these out for ubiquitous  manifold pipes with good results?

Cheers team.

Last edited by parky on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
parky wrote:The girl is coming up to her 28th birthday and is currently running quite rich.
An engine with leaking intake manifolds would likely be running too lean not rich but it still wouldn't be running well either. Smile

3Back to top Go down   Air Accumulator Trunks on 1991 K100RS Empty Correction - Running Lean Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:45 pm

parky

parky
Right you are Laitch; and thank you for your charity. I'm getting yet another Motobin shopping list to attend to the issue. It frustrates me that, you know, one can't just whip down and find a tidy and effective work around on these bits and pieces.

Nice one,

Shaun

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum