BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Indicator issues Empty Indicator issues Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:42 pm

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Morning Gents

Battery is fully charged
RHS indicator works RHS bulbs - but does not stay on
LHS indicator works RHS bulbs - but does not stay on
Indicator relay is working - can be heard and felt clicking
Swapped out bulb monitor relay (with used but not confirmed working) - no change
RHS indicator bulb in instrument panel working
LHS bulbs tested for continuity - good
Rear LHS bulb indicator connections tested for voltage - getting power
If LHS switch light RHS bulbs then switch is working, same for RHS.

Am thinking it's something downstream from switch.
I don't remember messing around with other things: have been in the fuel tank and swapping forks.
Indicators have been working without problem prior to now

Thanks for any advice

Guy

2Back to top Go down   Indicator issues Empty Re: Indicator issues Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:20 pm

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
All sorted. Replace fuse #7

Swapped in 2 other indicator relays - no joy. De-Oxited them all and cleaned with compressed air - no joy.

I began trawling through old posts in Electrical. Among others was remove and clean starter motor, remove fuse #7 (can be bad inside)

Tested all fuses - all good... from the outside.
Removed all fuses and de-oxited them. No fix
Removed, replaced and cleaned (brass brush) fuse 7. Result.
I think the fuse was at the end of its life and seemed to be quite brittle. It snapped when I put a little pressure on the two spades to separate them.
As for the fuse cover: I can't read German. Last week when I broke down at the side of the road, it may as well as been in Cyrilic. Note to self, insert translation sheet.

Now for that 9.30 ride - only 50 mins late

Have a good day
GF

3Back to top Go down   Indicator issues Empty Re: Indicator issues Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:10 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I decided to check my stop tail globes as the tail light seemed a bit dull. The stop light globe was the original when I got the Brick 21 years ago the tail light globe was replaced just after I got the bike. While still working the taillight globe glass was black. I replaced them with Repco Super Bright but I can't see a lot of difference between them and the standard ones. I used to own a Beezer and a couple of Ducatis which chewed through globes at an alarming rate. Indicator globes are still original.
Regards Martin.

4Back to top Go down   Indicator issues Empty Re: Indicator issues Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I make my own Engrish fuse labels, then laminate it and use double-sided trim tape to put it on the fuse cover.

Indicator issues Auxfus3

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   Indicator issues Empty Re: Indicator issues Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:05 am

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks for that 

Good news (apart from a result) is that at least I know my two spare indicator relays definitely work. Interestingly, for two of the relays, the RHS flashes quicker than the LHS. Any suggestions?

I will duly make up the same little table and post as an attachment.

Am watching the football (a universal ... salve) with beer in hand... and it's dark... and they won. Life's good.

GF

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum