BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
It is with great disappointment that Kay and myself won't be able to host the ride this year.
With the continuing drought conditions in the New England , dams and rivers drying up, my work drying up, and having to buy water has led to this decision.
I have spoken to Charlie about a possible ride day around the Cane Toad rally.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

2Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:13 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
We are all thinking of you guys and everyone else in the same boat.
Hope to catch up in better circumstances soon mate
RT

3Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Smithy  

Sorry to read about your predicament with this drought, I hope that good fortune fall your ways  soon. 

I know that there has been a big push through the media up here asking for the city people to go spend a weekend in a country town to help the local communities but they are asking people to take their own water and  buy a bale of hay for the live stock. 

please let us know what the K community can do for you.

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

4Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:51 am

Born Again Eccentric

Born Again Eccentric
Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:It is with great disappointment that Kay and myself won't be able to host the ride this year.
With the continuing drought conditions in the New England , dams and rivers drying up, my work drying up, and having to buy water has led to this decision.
I have spoken to Charlie about a possible ride day around the Cane Toad rally.
Sorry to hear that smithy. A drought in winter is a worrying thing. Here’s hoping (in the nicest possible way) that you have a miserably wet spring to refill the waterholes, billabongs, rivers etc. Going to be a real tough summer otherwise.

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurance write-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red)  (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike).   June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

5Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:25 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the early heads up Smithy. We all appreciate the big commitment you two have made to this group over previous years.

Look forward to crossing paths whenever we have the opportunity, and we all hope that the weather changes for the better very soon.

Cheers

6Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for letting us know in plenty of time and it is fully understandable. We'll maybe meet up on the way to the cane toad rally.
Cheers
Tom

7Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I can assure you that Kay and myself are fine.
I had to make a discission about the NTR because of the uncertainty of what I'll be doing for employment, as my main income is off farm in the rural sector.
If I can't find suitable employment here, I may be down the coast to find the work.
My little farm is just hobby related, I do feel for those trying to make their living off the land.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

8Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:57 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Having spent many years living in Moree and Narrabri , were feelin' for you Smithy . and now for the first time in over 20 years, the coastal sector is also being subjected to water restrictions , it's not easy . 
We can only hope the summer is not too harsh on us .
Take care everyone .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 10_x_110

9Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Having spent all my life in country regions and also having a hobby farm for 20 years I concur that this is the driest time I have ever seen. Ed is right, even the coast is dry with the area from Port Macquarie down now with water restrictions. We moved to the coast to get away from the dry and it has followed. Unfortunately the fire brigade I used to belong to has been instructed by the local council not to put out fires on council land because they don't have enough water.
A mate once said, "after any dry spell there is a chance of rain." We need rain.
Smithy, we feel for you.

10Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yep I know just where you are coming from Craig. Last winter was the first winter when we didn't have full tanks at the start and the situation has been going down hill from there. This winter we had less than half the water and now I am carting 2000lts a week and that will be until it rains or the towns dam drys up.
We were finding the bird bath was empty each morning then found out the Kangaroos are drinking from it.
"We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
In accents most forlorn,
Outside the church, ere Mass began,
One frosty Sunday morn.

The congregation stood about,
Coat-collars to the ears,
And talked of stock, and crops, and drought,
As it had done for years.

"It's lookin' crook," said Daniel Croke;
"Bedad, it's cruke, me lad,
For never since the banks went broke
Has seasons been so bad."

"It's dry, all right," said young O'Neil,
With which astute remark
He squatted down upon his heel
And chewed a piece of bark.

And so around the chorus ran
"It's keepin' dry, no doubt.
""We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
"Before the year is out.

"The crops are done; ye'll have your work
To save one bag of grain;
From here way out to Back-o'-Bourke
They're singin' out for rain.

"They're singin' out for rain,
" he said,"And all the tanks are dry.
"The congregation scratched its head,
And gazed around the sky.

"There won't be grass, in any case,
Enough to feed an ass;
There's not a blade on Casey's place
As I came down to Mass."

"If rain don't come this month, "said Dan,
And cleared his throat to speak--
"If rain don't come this week."

A heavy silence seemed to steal
On all at this remark;
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed a piece of bark.

"We want a inch of rain, we do,
"O'Neil observed at last;
But Croke "maintained" we wanted two
To put the danger past.

"If we don't get three inches, man,
Or four to break this drought,
We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
"Before the year is out."

In God's good time down came the rain;
And all the afternoon
On iron roof and window-pane
It drummed a homely tune.

And through the night it pattered still,
And lightsome, gladsome elves
On dripping spout and window-sill
Kept talking to themselves.

It pelted, pelted all day long,
A-singing at its work,
Till every heart took up the song
Way out to Back-o'Bourke.

And every creek a banker ran,
And dams filled overtop;
"If this rain doesn't stop."

And stop it did, in God's good time;
And spring came in to fold
A mantle o'er the hills sublime
Of green and pink and gold.

And days went by on dancing feet,
With harvest-hopes immense,
And laughing eyes beheld the wheat
Nid-nodding o'er the fence.

And, oh, the smiles on every face,
As happy lad and lass
Through grass knee-deep on Casey's place
Went riding down to Mass.

While round the church in clothes genteel
Discoursed the men of mark,
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed his piece of bark.

"There'll be bush-fires for sure, me man,
There will, without a doubt;
We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
"Before the year is out."

A.B. (Banjo) Paterson

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi guys

having consulted with Smithy ,  I propose a combined NTR with the Cane Toad rally
I have spoken to Tom and he is planning to attend the Cane toad , i guess with others , perhaps through the new England area

so heres my plan .

for both states , Qld and NSW Monday is a public holiday , so makes for a great long weekend , why not a ride event ?

I can host overnight stay for some , here in Glen , (although resources are slim,) for Friday  and Sunday night , Saturday night being the Cane toad
rally event .

the aim is to get to the Cane Toad rally , along the northern tableland route, as much as possible

and to travel back southbound along a similar but inland route , exploring  Inverell , Bundara , Armidale - Uralla back on the tablelands again

following the original planned route from last year,( before we found out that Paul (BAE) was hoping to attend and detoured out to the coast path as a special tour ...)  the original plan was to explore out to Bundara and back through to Gostwick chapel, south of Armidale, east of Uralla .

for Friday folks will be travelling from down south I guess up this way ,

the queenslanders travelling  on Saturday towards Toowoomba and then south to the cane toad

so my plan so far for Saturday is to leave Glen Innes with Smithy along the new England  and visit Rick g up in Stanthorpe , then across to texas , bogabilla , etc then out to Toobeah  by about 3.00 pm , hopefully  to meet the kane toads by then .
I guess that's about 5 hours travel time , allowing for 1/2 an hour at ricks , lunch at texas , not an impossible day

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Glen_t10

sunday

leave about 9.00 - 9.30 am  back through Bogabilla , Yetman , Graman , Inverell , Bundarra (stopping for lunch ) then either Armidale or Uralla  depending on times  back up the road to glenn Innes for a BBQ in the afternoon- evening

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Toobea10

Monday, ( well im home , but clean up for me ,) others , Brissy is about 4.5 hours away , hunter - Newcastle is a similar distance  

whats the thoughts ?

I have limited resources here, but thanks to smithy will have a barbeque on hand for Friday and Sunday nights

the house has a spare bedroom , with 2 beds , another mattress can be set up in my study  for those that need it .

the carport is carpeted with a thick pile carpet, car and bikes removed for bedding instead of tents etc should hold about 5 to 8  folks in sleeping bags , gear etc

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

12Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:03 pm

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Main thing wrong with the plan is that I won’t be able to be there. Sad
Bugger!

Probably somewhere in the south of France. Not on a bike. Double bugger!

Best wishes to the Krew, and have a great time.  Very Happy 

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

13Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
I only need a place to pitch the tent in the backyard on Sunday 

Not sure what the other Kane toads are looking at doing    

Matt

#### K100 RS Project 

14Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
I'll be off on the Scrapheap ride that weekend  - pity.

15Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, a couple of us might lob at your place on Friday night and head out for the Cane Toad on Saturday. 
After the Cane Toad, I will be heading towards Ipswich to visit the young bloke.
Thanks for that Charlie.
Cheers
Tom

16Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:44 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
It work well for me 

And i might be able to call into RickG on the way home to say hello hopefully no more fires out his way 

Not sure if other are going to be carying water but i will be carrying 4 lt 

I know the guys / girls out west are struggling with what little they have left

#### K100 RS Project 

17Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
visited the Bundarra pub today and the place looks ok ....for a destination for lunch on Sunday

great beer garden out the back , dining rooms etc ...hoping for an arrive time somewhere around 12:39 - 1.00 pm

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20190927

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20190928

reputation from the locals says, they do a good hamburger ...and a few other things , (check the pics) the prices aren't steep either

a menu pic.. although would likely make sense to order something that wont take too long

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20190929

the road from Inverell down to Bundarra is sweet .... ill explore the road from Bundarra to Armidale later this week  just to confirm all is well

do we have some numbers , likely to make it back to glenn innes on the sunday

or even folks planning on Friday night stop over , I got 3 so far  from the Hunter region ?

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

18Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie, that's a good pub at Bundarra. I've stayed there a few times with the BMW club mob from Newcastle.

The road out from Uralla is good so I would assume the deviation across to Armidale would be reasonable as well. The road across to Bundarra from Barraba has some dirt on it but it's pretty easily negotiated.

I'm a maybe for the Cane Toad but likely approaching from the direction of Emerald on the way home from a family visit. I'll keep Tommy posted on my movements.

Cheers

19Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cheers Gaz ...safe trip ol mate

I think I have Matt from the brissy k crew attending also on the sunday , but unsure if others in that group are even aware of the event ...just cause they don't subscribe - follow the forum threads , often .

I recently did the Armidale to thunderbolts loop back to Uralla and that road is ok ...so I guess its safe to assume the connection from the junction to Bundarra is ok ?

I recently have explored the roads around Texas - Warialda Bonshaw  etc ...from the Yetman turn off... the road to Warialda is tared  the road through Graman to Inverell is in much better condition for long distance riders , so exploring is a great thing for advance planning ...yes ?

20Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
I know Mick is thinking of  making the extra day  

Not sure of the other   

Not in Brisbane at the moment   to ask  

Matt

#### K100 RS Project 

21Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:20 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I'm a possibility at the moment.
Regards Martin.

22Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:I'm a possibility at the moment.
Regards Martin.
Woo Hoo

#### K100 RS Project 

23Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Charlie, Just to let you know that there will only be one lobbing at your place Friday night unless Gaz changes his travel plans.
After the Kane Toad rally, I'll be heading off to Ipswich for a family visit so won't be there for the NT ride.
Cheers
Tom

24Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cheers guys

thanks for the updates ...helps with some planning ..

some others may be attending ...as the list on facebook gathers

25Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:33 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry Charlie,  

Will not be able to make it as work commitments have me elsewhere at the moment.  

My thoughts are with you with all the bushfires as well.  Funnily enough one of the blokes I work with had a foot of snow at his house a few days ago.  Go figure as I am only a days drive  ride away.  

Are there any special guests this year?  

Cheers, Dave.

26Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:55 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Charlie  

What time do you think you would be getting into Goondiwindi  on the Saturday afternoon ?

#### K100 RS Project 

27Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi matt

not sure at the moment but aiming for somewhere between 1:30 -3:00 at the latest  ...
I figure that that will get to about the similar time you lot may be passing through

there are folks that take their time at lunch ,. rather than splash and dash kinda folks like me ....giggles

but will keep in touch mate ,closer to the event

28Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 am

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Just looked at the map and based on time with breaks  I think we will also be at Goondiwindi at around  13.30 as well

#### K100 RS Project 

29Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
must check, but keep in mind that daylight savings starts sometime soon

not being from nsw for at least 25 years i'm not sure exactly when

30Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Daylight saving usually starts on the Sunday of the Labour day weekend.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

31Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Michael Sydney

Michael Sydney
Silver member
Silver member
If you can cope with one more Charlie I am hoping to join in, leaving from Sydney Friday morning. 

Any others from down this way?

32Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hi all! 

Change of family plans means calling into the Cane Toad won't work for me so safe riding everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Cheers

33Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:26 am

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Michael Sydney,
I will be leaving Newcastle sometime Friday morning.
Cheers
Tom

34Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:47 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cleaning up in preparation for next weekend

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20190938

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20190939

35Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just a reminder ....bring warm gear  were still getting -2 , -3  in the AM up here ...bit chilly I expect for the coastal folks

36Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
getting prepared , at least the BBQ is setup and ready to go

expecting a couple of visitors tomorrow and maybe some more on Sunday , after a tour of some of the New England

will likely miss Stanthorpe  and detour via Tenterfield as  Rick is out at Inglewood somewhere , for the moment (and cant do that distance without re planning ride times and stuff )

but hope to make texas ...then Goondiwindi by the same time as matt and the brissy crew ...for a group arrive at the cane toad

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20191014

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20191015

37Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.  

Keep an eye on that Charlie fellah, though.  I hear he gets a bit wild after a beer or five.  

Don't wanting him trying to burn the house down again.   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 652573

38Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:42 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just rethinking

if Matt and the brissy crew are planning a through warwick venture

we could possibly meet there ?

thoughts ?

39Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:just rethinking

if Matt and the brissy crew are planning a through warwick venture

we could possibly meet there ?

thoughts ?

Yes we are now coming via Warwick  at around  9.30 / 10.00 am QLD time 
and meeting rick at  11.00 / 11.30 QLD time at   Inglewood 

Happy to meet up with you anywhere along the line  

We will probably use Warwick and Goondiwindi for fuel breaks as pushing to Inglewood  would have 
the Northside riders at + 300 km on loaded bikes which could see some of the bikes on vapours + the 
affect from the heat of the day    

When do you change to daylight saving times  ?  

Originating from Destination Time in minutes Distant  ( + or - )  20 minutes 
Meeting point for the Northside boys at
Beer and Fight 
Tarragindi 20506:30:006:50:00
Breakfast Tarragindi 30 6:50:007:20:00
Tarragindi Warwick 1201507:20:009:20:00
Break + Fuel
( 200km  used ) 
Warwick 30 9:20:009:50:00
Warwick Inglewood 701109:50:0011.00:00
Break 
( Meeting Rick at the Park ) 
Inglewood 30 11.00:0011.30:00
Inglewood Goondiwindi 6010011.30:0012.30:00
Lunch break + Fuel   ( 200 km  used )
Meet up with the NSW Riders
Goondiwindi 60 12.30:0013.30:00
Goondiwindi Toobeah305013.30:0014.00:00

#### K100 RS Project 

40Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:04 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
will travelling out to Inglewood with Rickg

see you there

41Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:will travelling out to Inglewood with Rickg

see you there
cheers

#### K100 RS Project 

42Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Friday night saw arrival of Tom and Craig , a great evening of banter and catch up along with a beer or two
Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 20191021

before 8 am were off northbound to find Rick g  an the meet with the brissy crew at Inglewood ,heading off to the Kane toad rally ,

a good ride through the back of the new England region on the return leg from the rally indeed ...some nice roads traversed  and some great places visited

the pub at graman was most  welcoming even if just for a drinks break

the pub at Bundarra  was brilliant for lunch , and thanks to Craig Smith and his wife Kay for meeting us there , travelling back through Armidale  craig buzzed off to feed the poddy calves  etc before night fall , then reappeared in Glen Innes  for dinner (which he cooked up , I must have got busy about then for some reason )

thanks so much for the effort Craig
passing through Guyra  called in to see Seani (saxon 7 ) before heading home up the New England highway and over Ben Lomond range to Glen Innes

Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 72365910

quite a few drinks were enjoyed , showers had and a nice relaxing evening followed

I think the party enjoyed the piece of New England we traversed , was a pretty warm day and night for these parts , and welcome for it to be so , and without the mass of flies that hounded us up at Toobeah .

the brissy crew headed off in pretty good spirits Monday am , but I suspect it got a lot warmer as they headed north ...and even worse as they climbed down the hill towards the coast

thanks for coming along on this part of the adventure guys

cheers to all

Last edited by charlie99 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

43Back to top Go down   Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Empty Re: Northern Tablelands Ride 2019 Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:50 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yep was good to catch up with some familiar faces and put faces on the names I had yet to meet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum