BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK Empty K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 am

ssray

18x4.5j rear wheel, with well worn but not illegal Metzler z4(160/60/18). wheel has a few scrapes and paint chips, pics on request.
£20 collected or £30 by courier, Pm me or reply to post as emails did not get through last time.
Cheers Ray

green cat

green cat
Silver member
Silver member
Are you sure??? because before i put the k1 wheels on the k1100, i've tried it on the k100rs and the widtht of the wheel didnt allow me to install it...

ssray

Remove the caliper and fit a k1100 stand.
Been on mine for 5mths just a bit of a squeeze getting it on and off.
Ray

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Chat verte,

You can fit ANY wheel from the Kay range - just depends if you want to make any changes!
A guy on the K11OG site HAS fitted K1200 wheels to an otherwise stock K1100 - mine is obviously not stock ...............

I'm still working on the front conversion - taking time due to lack of facilities these days. However, looks fairly straightforward after I got a load of bum info. I'll use a spare set of K1100RS forks with a K1100 3 spoke wheel spindle - modified.
Here is the 5" 5 spoke fitted to my K100RS, and I have a 5.5" version fitted to my K1100 Race Rep project. I might just fit the 5.5" to the K100 Monolever as I now have the correct caliper / bracket combo.

K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK SONAVON065

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Very slick Beachcomber! I've been looking into having Kosman widen my snowflakes so I can mount radials. Do you know what the max width is for front/back on the K100 before you have to start tweaking stuff?
Thanks!
J

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Goat,

the 3 spoke K1100 wheel [ rear ] drops straight in - you might have to tweak the mainstand [ or ditch it ! ].
Rather than have your Snoflakes widened [ expensive?] why not go for the k1100 set up? Yes you will need K1100 forks, but I'm guessing cheaper / simpler than having the wheels widened - and of course there's the future replacement issue if you damage one !

3 Spoke wheels are pretty plentiful, although they seem to vary dramatically in price. Make sure you get RS wheels [ 4.5" rear ].

The K1200 5 spoke Wobbly wheels are the way to go for max width / tyre combo - but WILL mean some surgery to stand and no doubt a tweak of the exhaust - all NO probs for me of course !

Once I have the answer on the front 5 spoke - I'm hoping it will be a simple wheel spindle exchage / mod.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the info Beach. :-) I'll have to start looking at used stuff and add up the costs for each alternative.

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Here's the 3 spoke installed - still looks a LOT wider than the Snoflake !

K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK SONAVON034

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry don't know how to do multiple pix. Here's the Race Rep in mock up form - before I found out that the k1200 / r1150 5 spokes would fit.

K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK SONAVON164

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, like that Race rep! Shocked Thanks again Beach.
J

beachcomber

beachcomber
Silver member
Silver member
The next week we had the Yam R6 belly pan fitted - looked wrong, so now looking at the Profile K100 Belly pan moulded into the R6 top half. Does look good with the new upswept underseat exhaust system and those 5 spoke wheels.

Of course BMW fitted an R6 Fairing to the S1000RR when it was under development !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12Back to top Go down   K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK Empty Re: K1100rs rear wheel-fits k100+k75-UK Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:32 pm

ssray

You can fit a 17x3 from a K1100lt, without having to remove the caliper when you remove or refit the wheel and you can fit a 150/70/17 to that, the 18x4.5 will take a 160/60 but nothing bigger.

The thing I noticed with the 18 rear was it lowered the back end a bit and it lowered the gearing, not by much but noticeable.

The current wheel is a 17x3 and it feels quite a bit more flick-able and I prefer the gearing, the other thing i noticed was with the 160/60/18 I was getting to around 10mm from the edge of the tyre and on the 140/80/17 I`m hardly near the edge atall.
Ray

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum