BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
If you've got this far then yes, Moriati's right. Do it.

52Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Those numbers will rise in an engine that is warmed up, which is generally when a compression test is run. Yours still seems to be in the thrall of disuse. Smile

53Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I just completely misread that as in 'how the hell can a compression test be inside a disused slave?'. Don't ask and yes, I am sober Very Happy Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

54Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:I just completely misread that as in 'how the hell can a compression test be inside a disused slave?'. Don't ask . . .
You were probably recollecting Lars, the drill thrall. I won't ask why.  Smile

55Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:26 pm

SoCalK1P1

SoCalK1P1
After reviewing how to adjust the valves, my Saab days flashed in front of me..79 900T.. loved the center console ignition near the handbrake.

redrockmania

redrockmania
Silver member
Silver member
Yes - Had 2 SAAB's in years gone by. Location of the ignition switch on the centre console was a departure from the then usual location of the switch on the side of the steering column. Reason: Safety. There had been many nasty leg injuries during a front on impact where the driver's leg was stabbed by the protruding keys from the switch.

57Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:42 pm

SoCalK1P1

SoCalK1P1
fun fact there RRM..lol  Would seem if the impact is great enough to force keys into your leg, you will probably have greater issues to deal with,  but I imagine eliminating one source of bleeding would be helpful..

Valve clearances are all within tolerance.. Int. .15, .20, .15, .15  Ex. .25, .30, .25, .30

58Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
redrockmania wrote: Location of the ignition switch on the centre console was a departure from the then usual location of the switch on the side of the steering column. Reason: Safety. 
Reason: Distracted driving remedy. Saab was the first of automakers to limit distracted drivers from endangering others. Habitual smokers, pastry eaters and beverage drinkers discovered that the ignition switch wouldn't function with all the crud that accumulated in it.

59Back to top Go down   cranking engine - Page 2 Empty Re: cranking engine Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:49 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Could be my wayward memory, but didn't the centre console switch function as a transmission interlock too? I seem to remember a car thief telling me that the key-in-the-centre-console made the car almost impossible to 'scaff-bar' (breaking off the ignition/steering lock by placing a short piece of scaffold bar over it) at a time when it was laughably easy to steal just about any car you wanted.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum