BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   1989 Ignition Coil? Empty 1989 Ignition Coil? Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 am

winmag4582001

winmag4582001
My son broke one of the ignition coils in the process of stripping down his K100.
Anybody use Dynatec coils on these? I'm not seeing why it wouldn't work as long as it has the same resistance.
Thoughts?
TIA

2Back to top Go down   1989 Ignition Coil? Empty Re: 1989 Ignition Coil? Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
In this thread a member indicated he tried them then he disappeared from the forum.  Sad  That might serve as a warning, or maybe he was blissed out from the resulting engine performance. You could always try personal messaging the member from the site; maybe you'll get a clarifying response.

3Back to top Go down   1989 Ignition Coil? Empty Re: 1989 Ignition Coil? Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:32 pm

winmag4582001

winmag4582001
Laitch wrote:In this thread a member indicated he tried them then he disappeared from the forum.  Sad  That might serve as a warning, or maybe he was blissed out from the resulting engine performance. You could always try personal messaging the member from the site; maybe you'll get a clarifying response.

I just went out and checked the factory coils. They are at 3ohm. I don't see any reason the Dynatec coils wouldn't work. Just might give it a whirl..... If we do and it works, we'll post it.

4Back to top Go down   1989 Ignition Coil? Empty Re: 1989 Ignition Coil? Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:31 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
winmag4582001 wrote:I just went out and checked the factory coils. They are at 3ohm. I don't see any reason the Dynatec coils wouldn't work. Just might give it a whirl..... If we do and it works, we'll post it.
Does the manufacturer have an opinion? The company website offers contact.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum