BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Hose Replacement Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Ecarranza

Ecarranza
Hose Replacement  4bb51510
Hose Replacement  E2ae8710
Can someone guide me to the part number or where I can get a replacement hose like this one. 
Mine is cracked and I need to replace it.

2Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Re: Hose Replacement Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Here. Get acquainted with this site, too.

3Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Re: Hose Replacement Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:09 am

Ecarranza

Ecarranza
I’m assuming this is why my k100 has lost power.
Won’t pick up speed like it used too. Is loss of power a symptom due to this?

4Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Re: Hose Replacement Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:33 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
It could be one of the many reasons for power loss by a fuel mixture that's too lean and replacing it will let you know if it's the only reason. Cracked rubber manifolds attaching the plenum to the throttle bodies, cracked or missing caps on the throttle body vacuum ports, and a failing throttle body-to-fuel pressure regulator hose can also contribute to power loss. Valve clearances out of adjustment and throttle bodies out of balance could be in the mix, too.

5Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Re: Hose Replacement Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Ecarranza wrote:I’m assuming this is why my k100 has lost power.
Won’t pick up speed like it used to. Is loss of power a symptom due to this?
Once you replace the engine breather hose, part number 11 15 1 460 480, and the bike is idling smoothly, remove the oil filler cap and watch the revs change dramatically. This gives an indication how vital it is. Now go look for the items and areas of concern which Laitch mentions if the engine idle is erratic or the bike vibrates more than you feel it should.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

6Back to top Go down   Hose Replacement  Empty Re: Hose Replacement Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:56 pm

Ecarranza

Ecarranza
I’m waiting on that part to come in and I’ll replace it.
Can it also be my battery that’s not fully charged that can cause a loss of power?
I just plugged it in to charge and the batter was under 50% it’s capacity.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum