BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi guys (oops) and gals ,
well it has been a long time since i "threw my leg over" a mature lady, and the feeling is great.
like a few others here, i too was resigned to bringing up the family and had to forgo my little pleasures of motorbikes .
but i have found a lady in distress and hope to bring her back to her full beauty .
i have purchased a k100 rt from someone a lot younger than me , but have the time (and now a little more knowledge) and sometimes patience to persist with the restoration .
the old girl is not in bad condition (i guess) but hope to do all those things that havent been done to bring her back to life and her true performance .
after a couple of test rides... (about 700klms).. i realise that i will have to relearn cornering and confidence through the twisties , (i guess thats what relationships are anyhow , getting to know and trust your abilities and partner )

yes im another aussie and verry thankfull that we have the right enviroment to ride all year round , it would break my heart to have to bed my bike for more than a week at a time like so many of you "northerners " affected by that snow stuff we dont seem to see here verry often.

this seems a great place to exchange ideas and knowledge about our bmw mistresses .

hope to catch you round the forum sometime soon

charlie

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of knowlegable souls here wanting to help.

Whereabouts in Bris Vegas are you?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
blakey wrote:Welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of knowlegable souls here wanting to help.

Whereabouts in Bris Vegas are you?

um on the southside blakey out durack ways (convienient for my work )

did the nebo--glorious --mt mee--malany--caloundra run yesterday

i see your up near beerwah i guess ill have to cruise that ways soon huh ?

and yeah i have found some excelent stuff here ...ned and so many others seem switched on ....just love this place
cheers

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Chas,
Don't forget to visit the download page, most things covered there.
I found that in cornering it is better to have the engine shut down completely. So I positioned the TPS (Throttle Position Switch) so the first click doesn't operate.
Temporarily pull the plug to this and go try it on the corners.

However, I think it mainly is lack of confidence. Try negative turn on your bars when entering a corner.
You will get there.
Cheers Old 'Un

AJAYS

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey ajays good to see you mate , yeah i guess its more a confidence thing ...i remember the old duke used to lean soo frigging far over ....remember this was their first attempt at a trail bike ...basically a 450 bottom end and a 250 long stroke and just heaps of ground clearance .(konies helped on the rear ) ...man that thing could really swing it ..... i guess you never really forget ...just a matter of babying me along for a bit and getting confidence again ...mind you in my defence i did cruise in to several corners um a bit fast ...and found water accross the road, after 3 weeks of rain i was worried that some was green (and slippery ) and i have to say nebo does share its attraction to visits by ambulances... i think im too old to go there again ...giggles .....but ill take that advice ..the tps does cetainly effect that burble to cut-off pretty much... and the change in weight balence does kinda catch you unawares ...hey! but im learning buddie

cheers....and thanks for the enchouragement ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi charlie 99, From a resident of the North Island welcome to a resident of the larger West Island which sits some 1200 miles off our coast.

Welcome to the forum too, I too did the return to biking after a 20 year lay-off and it takes a while to regain the muscle memory so as to feel really comfortable on rides, lots of long rides is the recipe.

Looking forward to seeing photos of the restoration work.
Regards,
K-BIKE

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hiya k-bike ...yes i guess ill get there ..i have a few photos already ...but honestly just rushed the first bit to get it registered before christmas ...fairing repairs so you can guess some of the issues .

i guess ill put some up anyhow as i have done the corroded rims and brake bits, seat, mirrors, battery etc already as stage 1
more painting to happen when the weather changes ....these floods are a killer for that stuff

thanks for the welcome
ps i was going to say something smart about our kiwi brothers but i visit over there pretty regular , and have found that we can all find things to debate , but i prefer to sit back, listen and laugh ...
cheers

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Let me know next time you are in Auckland (the real capitol of the Shaky Isles) and we should try and catch up.
Regards,
K-BIKE

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sure will kbike ...mind you many of my visits are rush jobs and past experience has taught me that i cant plan these things ...

i remember beating the local expert to the site ....up keri keri ways ...got the call 12 pm(midday ) our time and was on site 7am your time the next day ..

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Charlie,
What is it that you do?
Regards,
K-BIKE

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
electronics stuff .....nothing really complicted ...to my way of thinking, its all easy if you follow simple steps i guess ...thinking out side the box is always a bonus to get to a result sooner ...

networked intercoms is my challenge kbike .....its all so easy in a single building ....but add 12 more and 50 acres of room for lightning to strike, multiple earth points, fibre modems and so much more ... makes life interesting ...giggle

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Charlie,

Greatings and welcome there sure is a lot of info on this forum and some very knowledgable folk, and a lot of them are down under Very Happy

Regards

BIG D

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey d ...thanks for saying hi !
im getting the feel of the place after some looking around ....

its great to read what ever folks are doing and feeling ....the support here is brilliant ...thanks to the kind dedication of our admin folks....and all the contributors .....great work guys ....... im feeling the special stuff that we all share ...

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
G'day Charlie, from Tasmania. Yes, this is a great forum, and welcome to it. There are quite a few of us Aussies here and there have been murmurings of us organising an inaugural meeting somewhere. Hopefully this will gain some momentum.
We have the advantage of being able to ride all year round (yep, even in Tassie), so it doesn't really matter when we meet and the trip across Bass Strait is no big deal. We'll see how it goes over time.
Welcome again, you'll find all the support you need here.

Best regards, Dennis

Welcome, Charlie. I'm just down near the bottom of the Gold Coast so if you're ever planning a ride this way gimme a hoi. I'm always up for a ride and Canungra, Springbrook, Natural Bridge, Burringbar and Border Range, etc., are all just a few minutes away. Good folk here too, for sure. Cheers.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Two Wheels Better wrote:Welcome, Charlie. I'm just down near the bottom of the Gold Coast so if you're ever planning a ride this way gimme a hoi. I'm always up for a ride and Canungra, Springbrook, Natural Bridge, Burringbar and Border Range, etc., are all just a few minutes away. Good folk here too, for sure. Cheers.

oh !!! sounds like bliss...cheers twb

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Charlie,

I am from Sydney (Engadine, 2233, south side, or The Shire) to be accurate. Welcome to the forum. I've been away on all kids of business and private trips over the last few months so I haven't had time to log in.

If you need anything please let me know

Ned

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cheers ned .....nice to have locals here mate ....hope your time was enjoyable ...^5s
thanks for saying hi to this old fella ...and welcome home ...

lets hope you get the time for a good cruise soon huh ?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum