BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty TdF 2022 Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:36 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Don't know if anyone is watching this years Le Tour de France but we have it streamed live here and the Skoda App is pretty good as it has the SBS commentary without the ads.  

Recently they travelled over roads that I have ridden on K bikes in years gone by and the Alpes are by far my favourite.  Recently they twice rode the Col du Galabier on separate days.  

Just cannot wait till the virus lets us have some sense of normality and I can return.  On a K Bike of course.  

TdF 2022  Dscn2810

2Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:27 am

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
TacKler wrote:Just cannot wait till the virus lets us have some sense of normality and I can return.  On a K Bike of course. 

I hate to say it, but don't hold your breath.  I have a terrible feeling this thing is never going away, and will only get worse.  I've read recently that the EU and the UN are pushing to give the WHO uncontested authority to dictate public health protocols worldwide.  This is to include vaccine mandates, quarantine procedures, public lockdowns and travel restrictions. 

I pray I'm wrong.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

3Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:06 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
There are no regulations at all right now here. One can travel as he wants to in Europe.
Riding in the Alps is very satisfying, but if you can, avoid July and the beginning of August. Too much people...
After August the 15th, it is a desert and you can really enjoy the ride.
Don't miss this passes in Switzerland, Italy and Ostreich, they're beautiful also and usually the tar is much better than in France.
Last week end I was at the Stella Alpina Rally in Italy, a rapid 500km ride to try to reach the Sommeiller Pass at 3008m.
TdF 2022  Img_0011
TdF 2022  Img_0111

TdF 2022  Img_2398TdF 2022  Img_2401
TdF 2022  Img_2394

4Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Is that big rock step still on the road halfway between the campsite and the summit? The one that stops most bikes from getting up there (my friend included)?

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

5Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:04 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
I never noticed any big step. I usually attend to this rally every 3 or 4 years.
Snow is the most common obstacle, but not this year. 
I never felt so warm at this altitude...

The track seemed quite easy, easier than before, and bad front suspension, ruined tyres, nor my improved off road skills combined to my post-pandemic athletic body can not explain that.

Maybe the track was shaped. There's a toll now to get access on summer...

6Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:04 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member

The WHO is like who? in this part of the world.  

In Oz each state is using State Legislation to mandate how it tackles the virus.  The Feds control what occurs on the border and provides an overview to the states.  It is that simple.  If the WHO try and poke their nose into our affairs they will politely be sent home with their tail between their legs.  The WHO mainly does business in third world countries where they don't have the scientific ability to tackle their own health problems.  

Jbt,  

Cracking photos and it has always been a challenge to see how many peaks over 2,500m one can tackle in a day.  I think I managed five on the trip when that photo was taken.  Glad to hear there are no restrictions there at the moment but I prefer to wait.

7Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:46 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
TacKler wrote:In Oz each state is using State Legislation to mandate how it tackles the virus.  The Feds control what occurs on the border and provides an overview to the states.  It is that simple. 
That's how it is in the States, too, Tackler; in fact, responsibility was eventually designated to cities and towns in my state. It's just that in some states—depending upon their governance—residents apparently always feel like the wheels are falling off the cart and Earth is spinning off its axis, so they get edgy. Laughing  I miss masking up because I was able to mumble about others with impunity.  TdF 2022  177381

8Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:29 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
TacKler wrote:
Jbt,  

Cracking photos and it has always been a challenge to see how many peaks over 2,500m one can tackle in a day.  I think I managed five on the trip when that photo was taken.  
5 is probably a good score. It's not easy to reach 600km per day on alpine roads and >2500m passes are not that common.
To tease you, you can read this thread (in french, sorry) dedicated to a 3 days trip in 2016 in 6 countries: France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, Ostreich and Italy.
Probably one of my best experience...
If anybody here plans to ride in the Alps, you're welcome home!

9Back to top Go down   TdF 2022  Empty Re: TdF 2022 Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:30 am

BobT

BobT
Life time member
Life time member
Tackler, sounds like you are on the scrounge again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum