BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   battery advice Empty battery advice Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:04 pm

pirhanaxv

pirhanaxv
I recently bought a taller battery, similar in size to the Westco 12V30AMP. Stock screws for the battery hold down are too short so I was getting ready to order the longer screws from beemer boneyard. But there is an additional problem of the coolant reservoir hold down. The stock battery hold down has a rubber bushing that fits over the coolant reservoir. With the taller battery the bushing does not reach down to the reservoir so the reservoir will be bouncing around unless I secure it with tie downs or maybe look for an extension to the bushing. Before I order the screws and get creative with the reservoir I though I would ask to see if anyone has already found a good solution for this.

2Back to top Go down   battery advice Empty Re: battery advice Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:02 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Why not return the battery you bought in error and get the correct sized one, so that you don't have to jump through hoops to get things correct?

3Back to top Go down   battery advice Empty Re: battery advice Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:54 am

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
pirhanaxv wrote:With the taller battery the bushing does not reach down to the reservoir so the reservoir will be bouncing around unless I secure it with tie downs or maybe look for an extension to the bushing. 
Are you certain the fuel injection control unit will still fit in there with that tall battery in place?

What's the distance now from the bump stop to the reservoir bump? If worse comes to worst, a rubber stopper might be whittled and drilled into compliance.  Smile

4Back to top Go down   battery advice Empty Battery advice Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:01 am

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
I've used ride on mower batteries in bricks, which I think are taller than original. I just bent the top bracket to suit the reservoir. Or you could make a bracket and bend it to suit, or raise the reservoir instead of lowering the bracket.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum