BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:29 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
I am 5 foot 11 but still find it hard to get on this bike with any grace at all!

After installing the puck on the side stand I wondered about using it as a step.

The side stand tube is thin but should take my weight , if not Will replace with heavier tube.

With the puck and the step I am now six foot six and can now swan over the k seat!

Also the 2 inch step now makes it easier to deploy the side stand quicker.Wish you were taller? K seat Img_2047

2Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:43 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
luck wrote: I am now six foot six and can now swan over the k seat.
This assertion is crying out for a YouTube video or, at least, a still shot with you in mid-swanitude. Smile

How about a photo of the side stand when it's retracted? Does it nest okay in the rubber stop?

3Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:51 pm

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
did you try a lower seat first , looks a bit ungainly ? Sad

4Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:37 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
It's a corbin, really like the riding position as is.

5Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:41 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
It's a corbin, really like the riding position as is.Wish you were taller? K seat Img_2049

6Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:10 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
A couple of the K Kronies mount with the centre stand deployed and rock the bike off the stand. You can mount with the centre stand deployed if the bike is stable by standing on a foot peg and then swinging a leg over.
Regards Martin.

7Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:35 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Ya, rocked off the centre stand and mounted from the peg. But when it is On The side stand at The coffee shop I look like an 80 year old arthritic trying to get on it _ wait, I am 80 and arthritic!

8Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:08 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Lucki the best thing I ever did in retirement was to take up water ballet aerobics and Tai Chi. It took a while as in 6 months but now improvements in movement and balance are being felt. One of the K Kronies is a Physio and specializes in the elderly. He reckons it is most important to keep your sense of balance once you loose it its a slippery slope downhill. The strange thing is males seem to be resistant to doing either, there are only two males doing it. We also walk around our local lake 2-3 times a week do aerobics 3 times a week and Tai Chi class once a week but have a DVD to use at home. Use it or loose it.
Regards Martin.

9Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:36 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote:A couple of the K Kronies mount with the centre stand deployed and rock the bike off the stand. You can mount with the centre stand deployed if the bike is stable by standing on a foot peg and then swinging a leg over.
Regards Martin.
THat's how I've been doing it.  Works great!

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

10Back to top Go down   Wish you were taller? K seat Empty Re: Wish you were taller? K seat Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:27 am

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Good advice. On the subject off advice though. I have heard it said: " a wise man does not need it and a fool will not take it".🤗

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum