BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Has anyone recently had difficulty saving to or updating their Signature under Profile? The stated limit is 1,000 characters, including spaces. It retains what I type, allows me to save it, but then doesn't show anything in the forum threads, so far, including after logging out and then back in again. It is currently not allowing me to visually update anything. 

RickG, see anything unusual there?

Ta.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
My signature line is not showing in my posts but the update of it that I made a few minutes ago is showing in the Signature section of my Profile.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Updated signature line now appearing.

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Laitch, your description of the issue was as I tried to explain it. I see your Signature has updated, but mine, after several attempts, including minimising the information, still refuses to update.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
What I didn't mention was I performed a boogity-boo technique that seemed to jar loose something. There's wonder-working power in the clicker. 

Anyway, I went to Profile/Preferences. Scanning the list, I found several Yes/No choice-circles that had no Option line attached to them. According to the Forumotion help forum there should be an Option line for always show signature. That option isn't shown in our Profile/Preferences section so I just clicked the Yes circle on all the phantom option lines. When I clicked the Save box, I used multiple fast single clicks and, Bob's your uncle. Magic!

Of course, the reason it now functions might be simultaneous human intervention from an administrator somewhere; I prefer the power-of-magic-clicking attribution. Laughing

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
No love from anywhere, yet.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Apply tough love to get love; electrons don't mind a bit.

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Have you tried using a different Internet browser?

Another thing to try would be to clear the browser cache which can sometimes resolve browser issues.  Ctrl-Shift-Del

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
duck wrote:Have you tried using a different Internet browser?

Another thing to try would be to clear the browser cache which can sometimes resolve browser issues.  Ctrl-Shift-Del
I can say - with some coincidence - that the browser I most use is DuckDuckGo.

But, using Edge, Chrome & Firefox, clearing cookies and cache, make no diff to this issue.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Test

Working now, with no changes but all boxes ticked as Laitch suggested earlier. Tried it multiple times prior but it "took" this time.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum