BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Exhaust headers Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:28 am

Brrapp

Brrapp
I am looking for an aftermarket set of headers with collector.
I need large diameter pipes and I need the pipes to enter the collector with 1 and 4 being opposite each other, not next to each other like the stock collector.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

2Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Re: Exhaust headers Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:55 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That sounds like something you'll need to get made specially.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Re: Exhaust headers Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:14 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
As Rick says. To my knowledge there is nothing available off the shelf even at places like BSK Speedworks.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

4Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Re: Exhaust headers Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:15 pm

Ringfad

Ringfad
Life time member
Life time member

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 60K Km     ;BMW;  K1100RS Black 1996       ;BMW; K1 Blue 1990 25K Miles

5Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Re: Exhaust headers Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:23 pm

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
Brrapp wrote:I am looking for an aftermarket set of headers with collector.
I need large diameter pipes
Why? Did you increase before the valves diameter, the ports, the bore, the opening camshaft duration?
If not, larger pipes will just decrease performance. Ask Bernouili.

6Back to top Go down   Exhaust headers Empty Re: Exhaust headers Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:08 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Brrapp wrote:I am looking for an aftermarket set of headers with collector.
I need large diameter pipes and I need the pipes to enter the collector with 1 and 4 being opposite each other, not next to each other like the stock collector.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
There was a member here, years ago, who cut and welded all of the bits together himself to create a wonderful snake pit of header pipes. His name is Scheffers, and the link to his complete post is HERE , but you'll see that the pictures are no longer a part of his original K100 Forum thread. Perhaps a quick question of the Google Gods will reveal a close-up image of them for ideas.

HERE is a link to an article about the bike from motorcyclespecs.co.za...

Next, and I am considering JBT's pertinent questions to you here, too, we all have our reasons for wanting this or that, but assuming power is what you are trying to make more of, consider that even UK-based BSK Speedworks' full-on racing bikes use the stock headers with their aftermarket collector, and a custom cannister. 

If it's simply a fitment issue you're attempting to solve, custom will be the way.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum