BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Original fuel pump? Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:00 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Well spring is here! Dusting off the old stead. A few things to do. Have a question? How can you tell if the fuel pump is original, marking, date etc? Bike has 125 000 km on it I got it and put the last 3000 on it. I have an aftermarket cheapie but  not sure if swapping it out is good idea if  it has had a new pump at some point. When I replaced the fuel filter it was replaced ,dated 2015 
Planning on some longer trips.
Thanks

2Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Re: Original fuel pump? Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:09 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
The original pump will be 52mm in diameter and is likely to have the Bosch symbol and trademark stamped on the lower third of it housing followed by a Bosch part number.
Original fuel pump? Screen17 Original fuel pump? Screen18

3Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Re: Original fuel pump? Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:54 am

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Great! Do any of marks refer to date of msnufacture?

4Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Re: Original fuel pump? Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:35 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
lucki wrote:Do any of marks refer to date of manufacture?
Perhaps, but I haven't been initiated into that level of Teutonic manufacturing lore. What could be helpful is to determine if your aftermarket cheapie can be installed securely and appropriately before you need to use it, if you haven't done that already.

5Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Re: Original fuel pump? Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:32 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
My thoughts too. But if anyone has Any ideas how I can date the pump, if it is bosh, chime in. Very anxious to get going, milder next week for Ontario should be back from Miami by then.
Cheers

6Back to top Go down   Original fuel pump? Empty Re: Original fuel pump? Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
lucki wrote:My thoughts too. But if anyone has Any ideas how I can date the pump, if it is bosh, chime in.  Very anxious to get going, milder next week for Ontario should be back from Miami by then.
How many years is an unacceptable amount of years for the pump? It just seems like an ageist approach. Original fuel pump? 177381 Have you determined it is a Bosch yet? Has it been running in clean fuel or Central American wastewater? Is the pump pre-filter in good condition? Does its exterior look like a barnacle's exterior?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum