BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BubbaLinks

BubbaLinks
It's the under tank screw on one, not the 4 bolt one with the float.  I have the nut left behind after the plastic broke off as well as the 4 pin connector.  I need a way to seal the hole and run the wiring through it.  My first thought was to find a threaded cap and drill a hole to run the wiring through but I haven't been able to find the correct cap size and threading.  Another thought was to bond a plastic washer to the existing nut, run wiring through.  Or possible weld the hole shut and find some other way to run wiring into the tank.  This is a first for me so any help would be much appreciated! I need a workaround to replace my fuel sender on a 85 K100RT Img_1210
I need a workaround to replace my fuel sender on a 85 K100RT Img_1211

2Back to top Go down   I need a workaround to replace my fuel sender on a 85 K100RT Empty Fuel sender Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:13 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
You could try the local bike wreckers, no luck, phone a few more.

jbt

jbt
Life time member
Life time member
Why not simply change the fuel sender? I know it's discontinued at BMW dealers but you can easily find NOS or used ones.
Google is your friend for this... ref 61311459047

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
jbt wrote:Why not simply change the fuel sender? I know it's discontinued at BMW dealers but you can easily find NOS or used ones.
The thermistor, stick-style sender that Bubba's tank uses are not easily found over here and if found are rarely in good condition. Aftermarket replicas of the float-style sender in the later model tank have become available through a few vendors.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Photo of the damaged bits please?

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

6Back to top Go down   I need a workaround to replace my fuel sender on a 85 K100RT Empty Possible source... Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 pm

dbier

dbier
Contact Thom at https://kpartsholland.com/

I believe he is where I found my replacement a couple years back. Shippd to me in the stats for reasonable cost.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum