BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

401Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Oldgoat

Life time member
Life time member
Going to get the pump housing off this evening and have it lapped along with the cover and hopefully than I can finally fill her up and hit the button! Swiped some Hylomar from a buddy and really like the ease of assembly so I had to pick up some of my own!

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1541

Last edited by Oldgoat on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pics)

402Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Just popped the inverted LED's in the temp and Fuel pods and very happy with the light output/pattern. Hopefully, they will work this well in the instrument cluster too. I'll take a pic of the whole setup in the dark once I get everything installed.

OG

403Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
i am one handed at the moment so my typing is not flash

i look forward to seeing it as i want to put leds in mine.

404Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 pm

The other day whilst at Jaycar (what a store for geeks, nerds, people with grease under their fingernails and electrical boffins!) and grabbed a handful those nifty $3 LED wedge bulbs, available in white, red or blue. I replaced the 'white' LEDs inside the cluster with them and find the gauges clearer and easier to read at night, though they don't fit well in some of the the spaces behind the centre row of coloured idiot lights. Pity Jaycar don't sell a green version.

405Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:16 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
looking good og ....im hoping you do an a-b comparison ...leds versus globes...maybe one at a time like ?

havent shot off an order yet as i'v been away ...and will be again next week .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

406Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
You will be pleased with the LEDs for backlighting the instrument cluster. I bench tested my instrument cluster tonight; I calibrated the speedo using Karamba (TWB inspired me!) as well as tested my LED installation -- both at the same time while my instrument cluster was off the bike. I LOVE the extra illumination and the green hue of the LEDs over the green coloured bulbs.

As a guide, when bench testing the LEDs after installing them in the instrument cluster, apply +12VDC to Pin 6 and ground to Pin 18. For reference, see the photo below. It is taken from the back of the cluster.
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Speedo%252520connection

Hold the instrument cluster and view the speedo/tach face-on. Imagine the connectors on the back and orient Pin 1 in the upper right corner, Pin 12 in the lower right corner, Pin 13 in the upper left corner and Pin 24 in the lower left corner. BTW, those white connectors plugged into the header pins (pictured) are standard Molex headers with 0.156" pins; they fit perfectly. Available at most any electronic supply store.

Last edited by robmack on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

407Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hey twb you might give a little green nail polish on the clear blubs a try as I did this in the past with an incandescent bulb and it worked Ok. I don't have a full working set of the incandescent bulbs for the cluster anymore Charlie so I won't be able to do a full panel comparison. Nice work as usual Rob and thanks for posting the pic for us visual folks! Cool I've gotta borrow my room mates pc so I can do the calibration after twb did all the heavy lifting figuring things out.

OG

408Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Nail polish might work, yeah...and if I take a likin' to it I might try wearing panty hose too. I hear they're great for cold weather riding and might make my bum look fast. Thanks, big fella! Embarassed

409Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 44271

410Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:24 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
My little point and shoot doesn't capture it for s***, but I couldn't be happier with the LED's in the pods. Very Happy

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1544

OG

411Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Tried to get better night pics guys, but no joy until I can get a tripod setup. Will post when I do...
I can concur with Rob that the LED'S are a much better setup with improved vision over the OEM bulbs.

OG

412Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
gotcha og ......i try as hard as i can to get still pics as well ...i guess its not gunna happen for this old bugga ....grin .....but i can see the results sorta .....i always try to find something solid to rest on lately .. looking good mate

its ok og what i meant by comparison was left fuel (leds) and right temp (still with globes ) maybe in semi light (way off desk lamp ) so the cam can still focus ?

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

413Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Yeah, Charlie I got rid of my good camera equipment a ways back and I'm sort of kicking myself for it now! You on vacation mate as I saw you said for wouldn't be back for a bit?

OG

414Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Would really like to figure how to do the video option too as I think that would be great to have in the how to section. Smile

415Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
If I have some time this weekend I will do a little more exploring and see if I can come up with a solution that is more clear.

416Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Oldgoat wrote:Yeah, Charlie I got rid of my good camera equipment a ways back and I'm sort of kicking myself for it now! You on vacation mate as I saw you said for wouldn't be back for a bit?

OG

na mate just work stuff ....we have a few installations at this time needing technical assistance ,cause the managers haven't done their homework ..(and are arogant bastards )

brisbane is sort of mid position up and down in aussie ....2 weeks ago i was in the far north (2,000k from here ) this week i was 2000k south ,,,next week ill be 2500k southwest (all air travel) and maybe a 800k drive (southish) the week after ...wish i had my k all geared up for the laptops and stuff i need to take with me ....but i guess ill have to resort to the car ....its been kinda interesting after 10 years of drought around here ...the winter has come back to remind us what its really like durring this time of year ....nice for the k though ....running temps are way down ....so im planning to get that ram air under the fairing cooling solution made up ready for spring -summer ...and hopefully when i get home for more than 2 weeks at a time as i can't not go for a ride ...somewhere in between work trips .

hoping that the guys fire up with some plans for the southern "areluen " get together soonish so i can plan arround it, but i think most are in freeze mode and not too willing to commit to camping out in subzero conditions.... brrrr ....but also waiting for kfreak to recover from his surgery ...alby to recover from his partners mishap ,,,,and hoping all is well with them

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

417Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, mate that is definitely working for a living! I wasn't aware that the drought had gone on that long and wouldn't that be fantastic if you could get the bike set up to haul your gear. It is still a dream of mine to use the Bismark for some of the weekend contract stuff I do. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the ram air too. Very Happy

418Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
an excelent thought og ......the "bismark" lol always gets me smiling

yeah i wouldnt mind arriving in style to a few work places also ....hey "cred" where it belongs huh ? im more than sure there would be some favorable eyebrow raises huh ".....

419Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Finishing up the controls and front brake.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1546

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1545

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1547[/url

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16262455/309]85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1548

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1551

Can't remember who I stole this from on the board, but luv the spiral wrap for managing things. Smile
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1549
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1550

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1611

Last edited by Oldgoat on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics)

420Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Can't remember who I stole this from on the board, but luv the spiral wrap for managing things. Smile
That would be me. Nice, isn't it?

So, you use an ultrasonic cleaner for really getting at the dirt in the parts. Very interesting. I would never have thought of using one of those.

421Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Lol, I should have known Rob. Great stuff & thanks again!

The ultrasonic cleaner is soo much faster than all the hand methods I was using before and in the long run it has saved me a good bit of money on the brake cleaner and solvent I was using before. I've been using the Extreme formula simple green as it doesn't leave any residue and have been very happy with the results.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1552
OG

422Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:20 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
On a sad note the performance shop up in Vancouver where I've had machining done in the past has gone out of business so I'll have to be finding another quality shop to get the pump done. Sad

OG

423Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Almost got the controls done last night. Just need to hook up the brake lines and bleed the front. Also, need to finish the instrument cluster, but waiting on the cap I got off Flea-bay. Also, need to get the air and throttle bodies back in and than just finish hooking up all the cables. Slowly gettin there. Smile

OG

424Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Had a couple of questions about this so I thought I would post a quick pic or two. In order to get the temp/fuel gauge bulbs out uou pull on the connection tab on the copper colored ring and it slides out of the sleeve. May take a bit of work as most of them have been in there for a good bit of time.
Hope this helps!

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1612
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1613
85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1553

Last edited by Oldgoat on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total

425Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

That spywrap is great I have all my leckie cables and such coverd in the stuff, OG the bike is lookin realy good do you have a pic of your LED side light.

TWB I was drinking tea at the same moment I read your Nail polish and tights remark and nearly sprayed the monitor, That picture that flashed in front of me would have frightened a lesser mortal affraid .

BIG D

426Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Lol, yeah Big D I almost lost my soda as well! Do you mean the LED in the fuel and temp gauges buddy? I haven't gotten good pics yet as my point and shoot is simply terrible in low light conditions.

OG

427Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Apparently I didn't take a pic Embarassed and it's not on the fiche so dumb question guys: Where does the large zinc plated washer go when installing the brake line into the triple tree?
Thanks!

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1614

428Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Oldgoat wrote:Lol, yeah Big D I almost lost my soda as well! Do you mean the LED in the fuel and temp gauges buddy? I haven't gotten good pics yet as my point and shoot is simply terrible in low light conditions.

OG

Cool

Sorry OG I did not explain myself very well, I was refering to the main side light above the main headlamp.

BIG D

429Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:03 am

Oldgoat wrote:Apparently I didn't take a pic Embarassed and it's not on the fiche so dumb question guys: Where does the large zinc plated washer go when installing the brake line into the triple tree?
Thanks!

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1614

I just looked at my '86 and it doesn't have a large washer like that on the through-tube or the brake lines anywhere near the triple clamp, OG. There's nothing but the plastic locknut and the larger, metal nut against the top triple clamp. At first I thought it went up against the bottom triple clamp so the rubber washer wouldn't compress...but no. You're bound to have a washer, screw or nut left over now and again~!
scratch

430Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:21 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Oldgoat wrote:I've been using the Extreme formula simple green as it doesn't leave any residue and have been very happy with the results.
I swear by Simple Green. Great stuff! I have the concentrate that I can mix in different ratios with water to tackle light or heavy grease. The smell it very tolerable also; not chemical like tolulene based degreasers.

431Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:08 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Yeah, mate its a head scratcher! I was thinking along the same lines, but as you said that's not what it would do. I'll have to stare at them some more and try a few options and see if I can figure out this little puzzle...
Thanks for checking on your bike mate!

OG

432Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Yeah, Rob luv the green extreme and its finally become available at grocery shops and the like here in the US.

OG

433Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
No worries BIG D as I was probably reading prior to my morning stimulant! I've not changed that one out for an LED yet, but that is a good idea!

OG

434Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:03 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
One tip worth bearing in mind is not changing the ignition warning light for an LED or you can have problems getting the alternator to charge at low RPM's (below about 2,500) once charging they are fine but until they hit high revs they don't put anything out due to the alternator not wanting to self excite, they need the current though the bulb to get the ball rolling at lower revs so to speak.
I opted to put a new bulb in mine and used Drake Smith's excellent LED kit for the rest.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Last edited by K-BIKE on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

435Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great advice k-bike

436Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 am

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Folks,

Any good recommendations on where to get high quality bearings online? Preferably in North America.

Thanks!
OG

437Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry guys about no posts as I've just not had any free time to wrench on the old girl so no progress. Sad

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1615

OG

438Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmmm this sounds ominous og ......high quality bearings ?

439Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
No mate nothing disastrous. Just needing to do the head steering bearings and maybe wheel bearings and the bmw prices made me a little dizzy! Shocked

OG

440Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 pm

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
OG - use the bearing info. and go to your local bearing dealer

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bvogel/K100/download/bearings_equivalency_chart.htm

441Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:39 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yeah worth doing the front wheel bearings og ....there a standard size and not expensive at all

442Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks guys! Yeah mate I think you're right about the wheel bearings. I didn't want to pull more bearings right now, but it really is silly not to do them now when everything will be torn apart anyway and if I can find a local supply at a more reasonable price it won't be too painful.

OG

443Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for all the sharing there. I spent a little free time just going over this one. Great write up so far and
Lots to digest
Regards,
Mikey in rio.. This week anyway..

444Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Kewi! Glad there was something of interest.

OG

445Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Got the rest of the LED bulbs the other day so I'm gonna get the cluster done.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1616

OG

446Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 pm

I bit the bullet, feeling flush lately, and ordered Drake's LED set, additional gauge LEDs too. I guess I feel like I don't want to have to 'source' the correct ones myself since he's already done it for us...all up with the current positive exchange rate it cost me AU$56 which includes postage from America to OZ. Paypal is sitting on $1.07 per Yankee dollar at the mo' although the market has it actually pushing $1.09...Joy for us when buying from overseas but bummer for others.

http://www.kbikeparts.com/ledupgrade.htm

BTW, now that I've repaired my instruments, fixed the odo and calibrated the speedo, replaced the tired old o-ring, the cluster fogs up a lot more near the bottom edge of the glass on both gauges, if it's cool, like under 15c degrees. It doesn't matter whether it's raining or not. It's a pity that the Goretex panty liner isn't available as a separate part from BMW. I thought about whacking some of those little moisture-absorbing packs that come with electronics that say 'Do Not Eat' on them, inside the cluster. I tried taping it up along the seam and it got worse. So I've removed that.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

447Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Wow, no messing around mate! I took the cheapskate option. I found a place here in the states with excellent customer service and you can just send a pic of a bulb in question and they will give you the LED equivalent. They also have a great selection and I have found the inverted shape LED gives the illumination pattern I like best.
Here is the link for those who want to roll there own:

http://autolumination.com/

OG

448Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 pm

That's a good source, for sure. I found the locally-sourced LEDs from Jaycar (our Radio Shack equivalent) to be too wide for the space given on most of the idiot lights. This Drake Smith kit is tried and true. Ask K-Bike about how happy he's been with it.

449Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yay been waiting for the led install og ......

good luck buddie

450Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks mate! You and me both. Just not had any time to play lately.

451Back to top Go down   85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Empty Re: 85 RS restoration (part #1) Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Drilled some vent holes in the back panel and used the silicone sealant to adhere Gore-tex pieces.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1618

Inverted shape LED's are on the left.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1619

New clock going in and found a NOS cap on Flea-bay that is in pretty good condition.

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1620

85 RS restoration (part #1) - Page 9 Dscf1621

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum